Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pat's bid at the PCWRC will begin this week in Sweden. Good luck to Pat! I'm sure he will make us proud!!

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Let's hope that Pat will be able to provide us with updates from the event as he did in Great Britain.

Doug Woods

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
I'm over in Sweden with Pat and I'll try and do what I can to update all on a daily basis ...

More later

Keith Morison

·
4,813 Posts
Pat says Hi to everyone -
Pat is being joined by Swedish Co-driver Mikael Johansson for the event after an accident in Recce has left co-driver Martin Headland without serious injuries but too sore to compete.
Pat lost Recce chances on what will be stages 1, 13, and 9 adn expects to be slow as they will be using old notes from another driver.
Shakedown was today and that went well Pat says he LOVES the studded tires ;-)

pix - www.morisoncom.com/srtc/web

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to hear martin is alright! I hope he will feel better soon. Keep it up with the updates, Thanks a lot!
nice pix, looks like fun!

·
4,813 Posts
I should be able to get at least one blurting of comments out to the forum daily ... after the press work is done ;-)

KM

·
4,813 Posts
Yes, there was significant damage to the v40 Volvo.

Today was a bit of a 'down day' ... Tech in the morning and the ceremonial start in the evening. The car passed tech no problem, and the weather chilled right out for the start in downtown Karlstad.

Tommorrow the fun begins!

More pix are up at www.morisoncom.com/srtc/web

keith

·
4,813 Posts
Not to mention carrying a diferent co-driver, doing stages he didn't recce, and competing against a bunch of swedes in the Group N class that are not running the championship and do 4 or 5 rallyes with studs each year ...
The only stage that Pat and Mikael got a time on that they recced together, they caught the car ahead in 18Km, and caught the next car (still behind the first car they caught - he woudln't/couldn't pull over) in about another 20K ... getting stuck cost them at least a minute and a half ...
One stage was stopped when Duval crashed out, as was another ... only 4 of 6 stages counted today, and only 1 of those was recce'd properly.
The car was perfect and they didn't need to change the transmission.

Keith

·
Registered
240 Posts
World rally radio on wrc.com made the offer to interview whoever we request live they have already interviewed some other N drivers so drop a quick e-mail to [email protected] so we can hear from Pat live!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Way to go Keith.....I'm jealous as hell that you get to be right in the middle of Canadian Rally history being made in the WRC. We are all behind you guys 200%.

Richard Michaluk
Day Trippers Pro Rally Team

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just right of center after you bring up wrc.com is a link that says 'world rally radio' thats it. You have to sign up for 'my wrc' first though.

·
4,813 Posts
Hi all, sorry for being so late Saturday wsa a LOOOOONG day

Pat lost about 75% of the studs in one tire on the first stage (ss7) of teh day ... costing a ton f time on a stage he was FAST on the first runnuing (SS3) Stage 8 was stopped, and he ran stage 9 with NO brakes ... Stage 10 - with Colin's crest - was driven conservitivly as was 11

Pat called Saturday/s leg drama free, but slow.

Today Pat and Mikael are heading into the day planning on having fun!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts