Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
crazy rally thought 289:

has anyone in the white north tried to host a rally/X on a golf course during winter. they would have a natural flow to them and wouldn't get damaged if they had enough white stuff.

just curious.

stuart.

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
If you can sell this one, ....

I don't think you have the proverbial snowball's chance in h*ll.

Actually, you will do some damage.

We ran a solo on a race course here in Michigan (Gingerman). It followed the track, but no penalties for off course. Wasn't plowed, so there was lots of ice and snow. It was a blast. Owner was used to cars going off, so turf damage was no big deal.

Put on by Polski Klub Chicago w/ help from Parpo.

crazy rally thought 289:

has anyone in the white north tried to host a rally/X on a golf course during winter. they would have a natural flow to them and wouldn't get damaged if they had enough white stuff.

just curious.

stuart.
press on,

·
Registered
100 Posts
they were never officially hosted or sanctioned events by the course owner.... but I've driven on golf courses before..... many years ago; I'm sure the statute of limitations has long expired.

·
3,909 Posts
Oh, now if you are talking about doing it in golf carts........

You could ask a certain, oh never mind....

A golf cart probably wouldn't do much damage (to the course).....

Spec golf cart series?
press on,

·
Jct Motorsports &Collision
374 Posts
I have always said Golf course the greatest track ever. Pastrana even agreed in a conversation about it at STPR 2 yrs ago after his off. I have rode snowmobiles on one a buddy was building. It was a blast big drifts at the top hills BIG BIG Air out there . This would be a blast but a golfer would shot someone if they caught wind of it. Chris Putzier in Vermont and it going to snow tonite.

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,629 Posts
Course Glut

A few years back there was a course glut, and a number of courses were shutting down. I searched for some based upon the same concept, but none were close enough to make trying to organize an event worthwhile.

Look and see if you can find a defunct course. Then offer money to allow an event. Better than it sitting there and making no money at all.

·
3,909 Posts
Um, the original poster was talking about those of us who live in the great white north where things are frozen in the winter. Your article is geared towards the summer months. Ice skates versus sailboats...

I'll repeat - a standard golf cart (not one w/ a V8, nor one w/ studded tires) will likely do little or no damage to a frozen, snow covered golf course (now, it could still run into things....).

actually it would. here is a little explanation ( for those who care)

http://golf.about.com/od/golfetiquette/a/golfcartrules.htm

-son of a PGA pro, so this stuff gets drilled in my head when we have the family reunions
press on,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts