Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah. Unser Racing. 73rd and Broadway. Mark's birthday. $35 for one race. $65 race all you want until 11 pm. We'll be there at 7ish.

·
Sweat and anger and shame.
1,806 Posts
i predict i will win all. 100% win. all your karting skills will be shamed by my blazing speeds, superb driving, and incomparable ability.

who dares prove me wrong!?!

someone bring a camera to document my karting annihilation.

·
Left 4 into beachball
1,920 Posts
i predict i will win all. 100% win. all your karting skills will be shamed by my blazing speeds, superb driving, and incomparable ability.

who dares prove me wrong!?!

someone bring a camera to document my karting annihilation.
Done & done....minus the karting annihilation part. :p

Dave
ps - owwww, my arms hurt, and damn you mark, my neck hurts too!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Jealous...

Figures I would recommend the place and miss out on the first outing there. By the time my show was done it was after 10:00 and I had to pack up my instrument and get home (working today). Glad you guys had a good time.

Were the carts pretty speedy?
Anyone get pics/vid?
Who all showed?

Tommy

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Competitors: Dave, Allison, Mark, Scott, Steve, Mitch, and Myself. Abbey and Amy came and were just spectating.
Top 3: Dave, Grant, Mark. Everyone was super close. Probably 2-3 tenths of a second between just about everyone's fastest lap.
It's pretty fun! I'll go again. Getting there and registered right away Mark and I each got 4 races in. I'll go again on a Friday but aim to get there by 4-5 so I can get more races in.

·
Sweat and anger and shame.
1,806 Posts
if we were to start side by side, this is how the last race would have looked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZw29SsJ5YU&feature=player_detailpage#t=1s

it was way fun. my wrist is killing me though. i can't wait to go again!

dave has actual video. i wore a camera facing backwards for the first two races and i think dave had one facing forward for maybe all of them. if he did for the last one you'll be able to see some fantastic "competition" on the last race.

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dave the sand bagger. I had to have spent 20-25 laps stuck behind you and running 20.5 second laps over and over. Great strategy to keep me from overtaking you time.

Second Friday is now officially go kart night of each month. $65 bucks is a bit but not too much really.

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You mean that 19.5 I was able to get when I didn't have you blocking me the whole time? :)

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dueling requires matched weaponry and I'm pretty sure no one has a broad sword as bad ass as mine anyhow. Except maybe Conan the Destroyer.

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
katana > broad sword.
Of course you'd say that with your Popeye like forearms and tiny little biceps and shoulders.

"The katana was the best sword ever made. People of various strength levels could master is while not everyone could master a broadsword."

So it was the best cause anyone could master it? As the SAT would put it, rally is to autocross and the broad sword is to the katana.

My quick internet research confirms this.

Regardless, I think it'd be more fun to have a big billihook. I'm sure Mark would prefer a rapier.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts