Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/01/business/01deese.html?ref=politics
It's worse than I thought now Gov't Motors is to be restructured by a 'child' ! Did Obama run out of tax cheats ? Now [our company] run by a kid will be in even worse shape.:(

Oh my God!

Here's a good piece: "...not-quite graduate of Yale Law School.."
So he is an almost ambulance chaser. Okay... reading on....

His mommy and daddy are mentioned for some reason:
"...is the son of a political science professor at Boston College (his father) and an engineer who works in renewable energy (his mother). He grew up in the Boston suburb of Belmont and attended Middlebury College in Vermont."

"Boston", "Vermont", "Yale", etc.....

Oh Jesus F'ing Christ. We are so screwed!

· Registered
301 Posts
I think the GM would have a better chance if they put me in charge of it, seriously...

and that isn't saying much- whoever thought this one us must be in a position to profit big time from the whole thing in the crapper

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Like I said in my thread starting post.... It's funny.

It ain't funny for all the people who have lost their jobs, etc., but the stupidity of all these bailouts and government buy-outs is seriously funny.

· Banned
5,443 Posts
Oh my God!

Here's a good piece: "...not-quite graduate of Yale Law School.."
So he is an almost ambulance chaser. Okay... reading on....

His mommy and daddy are mentioned for some reason:
"...is the son of a political science professor at Boston College (his father) and an engineer who works in renewable energy (his mother). He grew up in the Boston suburb of Belmont and attended Middlebury College in Vermont."

"Boston", "Vermont", "Yale", etc.....

Oh Jesus F'ing Christ. We are so screwed!
Jens, in case you hadn't noticed, this country has been screwed daily since Jan 2009 and the real crap hasn't even started yet!

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
read someplace recently that the current bailout $$$ for GM amounts to approx $6000 per car the company will build this year. :eek:

I'll admit I'm not following any of these bailouts and other stuff closely.

Apparently there is now some 3 or 4 thousand dollar tax payer bailout/credit/bullshit to car buyers who trade-in their older low gas mileage cars if the old cars are CRUSHED.

There are seriously poor people that can't even think about buying a new car that might need an inexpensive, old, used car that will get them around for a while.

All this shit is crazy!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.