Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you probably have crazy stories about how you pushed your way into rally. For us, we tended to do it the somewhat normal way... spectate, volunteer, crew... etc. etc. Then we built tuff trucks, dirt track cars, and all sorts of other fun stuff. During a decision to scrap our old Monte Carlo dirt track frame, we found this stock Nissan Sentra for $300 and the fun never stopped. We built a rallycross course in my friend's old golf course and surrounding property. Now we a low budget personal Tim O'neil's........... Life has been pretty good lately :)

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=377knVDHTHg

·
Registered
765 Posts
Looks like a ton of fun!! get a roll bar in that thing.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Looks like you guys are having a ball. You know when I here old golf course and surrounding property I think co-efficient 1 rally. Seriously you've got the roads so be a true hero to all of your local rallyistas and hold an honest rally sprint. I'm sure you could find an organizer in your area to show you the ropes. Your on the right track with getting as much seat time as possible, it is what is sorely missing in the US and now you have the chance to spread the love.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like you guys are having a ball. You know when I here old golf course and surrounding property I think co-efficient 1 rally. Seriously you've got the roads so be a true hero to all of your local rallyistas and hold an honest rally sprint. I'm sure you could find an organizer in your area to show you the ropes. Your on the right track with getting as much seat time as possible, it is what is sorely missing in the US and now you have the chance to spread the love.
Last year we tried to get permission from the land owners to host something like an SCCA Rallycross event. The problem is that the land is shared between three sons and a daughter of a man who used to own the golf course. They all live somewhere on the property. So, I guess we are pretty lucky they are letting us do what we do now. However, when we brought up a rallycross and the idea of more cars coming, things went south real fast. We tried, but until we figure out how to get around landowner lability insurance and noise issues.... were out of luck :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts