Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
400 flat to crest
Joined
·
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skye "BC Boy" Poier just posted a note like this:>
If I might make a design suggestion, could you make the top
>navigation/banner frame not take up half the screen (240px)
>for those on 800x600 displays? It's very poor design.
>
>Skye

To which I wrote this:

You mean of course RallyAmerica site, right?
Maybe a new thread is in order and see what people think.
I think it is incredibly poor layout but I don't know what to call things not being a computer type guy.

I have though all along there was something wrong with the laptop thing Derek Bottles was lending me, but now with the new zoot-capri thing here it still is really crappy layout (no offense who ever makes the things, but do you guys ever try to look at results?)

So Skye has the first sorely needed suggestion, might I suggest that the stage miles be added, and at least the class of the car entered rather than just drtiver's name and time.

Additionally, the winners average speed on stage would be nice to see and then the percent that the rest are behind makes more sense.

Also, a list of retirements is pretty much the norm all over the world.

And we used to get "standings thru" for each stage completed, isn't that a possibility?

That sure seems to be what computer should be good for: crunching and sifting numbers eh?






John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Black Rocket Rally Tires
http://www.blackrockettires.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
As I also posted in another thread:

We are working on a new design for the web site. Time has been our biggest issue, considering the scoring system has been built from scratch.
Although web design is not his field, Al has done a considerably good job. He would probably consider some help if anyone should volunteer.
We want your input because you are the ones looking at the site.
We only ask that you direct suggestions to our web site so we can archive and view them more easily. Just put it in the feedback section and we can discuss all of your ideas. http://www.Rally-America.com


-Parker

Anyone wanting to help with the site email Al through the http://www.Rally-America.com



-Parker
http://www.Rally-america.com
 

·
Retired Rally Photographer
Joined
·
2,069 Posts
I'd be totally happy losing that top 1/2 screen. I open the link, right-click the frame on the bottom and take the URL of that and paste it in a new window. Or maybe keep that, and have the links open in new windows. Aside from that, I'm pleased.

Pete
 

·
1973 WRC POR
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
John:

Those are good suggestions.

However, if you add all of your recommendations for improvements to the Rally America scoring/results, you would end up with what is really just the basic layout of Jean-Georges Marcotte's scoring system.

Sounds like re-inventing the wheel again.

It would be nice to see everyone involved in scoring rallies in the USA and Canada get together and come up with just one standard scoring system, one standard internet results presentation format and, in the perfect world, one standard speed factor system.

Then, these topics would not have to be discussed again.

Doug Woods
 

·
400 flat to crest
Joined
·
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
>John:

Doug, I'm outraged!!!!!

>
>Those are good suggestions.
Yeah, they are but but but !!!!
>
>However, if you add all of your recommendations for
>improvements to the Rally America scoring/results, you would
>end up with what is really just the basic layout of
>Jean-Georges Marcotte's scoring system.
Yes remarkably so, but but!!!!!!
>
>Sounds like re-inventing the wheel again.

I would never suggest that, it would be silly, pontless and a waste of time and money but!!!
>
>It would be nice to see everyone involved in scoring rallies
>in the USA and Canada get together and come up with just one
>standard scoring system, one standard internet results
>presentation format and, in the perfect world, one standard
>speed factor system.
>
>Then, these topics would not have to be discussed again.
>
>Doug Woods
But Jean-George is a CANADIAN!!!!!

Are you going to come here and suggest that little ol'Canada can do things better than the USA!!!!!

So that's how it is , eh,?
First you guys organise a tow fund for everybody, and at the same time your guys a speaking to your Federal Ministry of Transport about waivers and exemtions for non-compliant things on Rally cars, and already you guys get Questioneers on rule changes....

Where will this madness end???

And wasn't it just a couplreof weeks ago that Jean-George was doing 2 events at once: Sand Blast and Perce Niege?

I think you guys are doing all this stuff just to make us look bad!

Canaille!

Assasin!

And you guys won't even saction events in Washington state!

Barstardos!!!
(you killed Kenny!!)





John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Black Rocket Rally Tires
http://www.blackrockettires.com/
 

·
SURF!!! I'll cover you myself!
Joined
·
663 Posts
>John:
>
>Those are good suggestions.
>
>However, if you add all of your recommendations for
>improvements to the Rally America scoring/results, you would
>end up with what is really just the basic layout of
>Jean-Georges Marcotte's scoring system.
>
>Sounds like re-inventing the wheel again.
>
>It would be nice to see everyone involved in scoring rallies
>in the USA and Canada get together and come up with just one
>standard scoring system, one standard internet results
>presentation format and, in the perfect world, one standard
>speed factor system.
>
>Then, these topics would not have to be discussed again.
>
>Doug Woods



I think it would be nice to combine both series to create a real, more credible N.A. championship, two small ponds make small fish, one BIG pond, maybe, would make bigger fish. Just a thought.

pete:7

yeah, Jean Goerge rocks it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
706 Posts
>It would be nice to see everyone involved in scoring rallies
>in the USA and Canada get together and come up with just one
>standard scoring system, one standard internet results
>presentation format and, in the perfect world, one standard
>speed factor system.

Or even better, one standard XML format for rally results, so that anyone could download the results in "raw" form and present them in any way they wished!

PS: I'll email the site designer, the nav frame could be shrunk easily in minutes at least for the time being

Skye
 

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
Joined
·
626 Posts
When is the "Black Rocket Tire" webpage going to be updated?

Whiplash RallyeSport
 

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
Joined
·
626 Posts
It isn't, it's $ 1.28 USD. :+

Whiplash RallyeSport
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top