Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who don?t know my daughter Gabby has an extremely rare condition that does not allow her to feel pain. Because of this we have pulled all her teeth and she has lost an eye. There are only about 25 cases in the world.

A few weeks ago we taped an episode of the Montel Williams show.
It will air on Nov 5th. Check your local listing for times.

For more information Google ?Gabby Gingras?. You can still view the KARE 11 TV special on her, The AP story and several other articles written about her.

We are setting up a charity to act as an internet support group for the families that we have found all over the world. One reason we wanted to be on the Montel show was to find more families that we can help.

One family we met is off the coast of Norway. They found my race web site and sent me an email that said ?I see you rally. I don?t if you know it or not but rallying is pretty big over here in Norway. Miraam?s (The little girl who is the same as Gabby ) favorite driver is Petter Solberg. Maybe you have heard of him. Miraam printed out a picture of your car and put on her wall next to the her poster of Petter.?

I want to thank all the rally people that have helped us setup the charity especially - Bruce and Buryl Ann, Dave and Stacy Sterling and Doug Havir.

Thank You,

Steve Gingras

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
where can we contribute to the charity?

we will definately be watching this. thanks for the heads up.

how is she doing now?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Im deeply sorry to hear of such a disorder. I hope this charity helps you and others deal with such a difficult issue.

Best hopes and regards

Larry Parker
#622 (open)

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
thanks for the link dennis, and the warning about the dashes.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dennis is correct the web site is www.Gift-Of-Pain.org.

Dave and Stacy Sterling are doing the website and they will be setting up online donations in the near future.

The web site is still under construction the most important item there now is our mission statement. I would check that out and then leave us a message in the forums.

A little more information on Gabby. She is 4 years old and wears swim goggles 24 hours a day. They keep moisture in and dirt, fingers and everything else out. because she doesn't feel pain we have to watch her all the time. Just last Wednesday she grabbed a light bulb that was on and held it. She didn't tell us until after dinner that she hurt her hand. She has blisters on all her fingers and her thumb.
She was worried that we would be mad at her.

She is in Preschool and loves it. She is very smart. The teachers have to work to keep her engaged.

Thank you to everyone.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have known Steve for way too many years and have known Gabby her whole life. This is one incredible little girl. Every time I see her, I am in amazement on how well she deals with everything. Not to mention the adjustments and support Steve, Trish and especially Katie have made to show the true family love they have for Gabby.

The name of their organization says it all. For me, Gabby opened my eyes that pain is a true gift.

Bill Westrick
Silly Side Co-Driver

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RE: on CNN today...

Ashlyn Blocker has exactly the same condition as Gabby.
Her parents contacted us about 2 months ago. They saw one of Gabby's stories. Until then they had not met another family with the same condition. Her story is almost exactly the same as Gabby's except she has most of her vision.

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JUST A REMINDER THE SHOW AIRS FRIDAY THE 5TH (TOMORROW).

Thanks for all the heartfelt emails.
It shows that rally is a very special group of people.
Rally was once discribed as an extended family who get together once a month. I believe that now more than ever.

Thank you to everyone

Steve Gingras

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
good lead spot. for some reason here in fargo UPN interrupted the right after you told the story about the stitches in here eyes when you were at home 3 min later it cut back to you in the studio.

glad to see gabby has alot of spirit. those were some strong and affirmative sounding kicks.

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
Ashlyn Blocker in People, Jan 24 2005

Steve,

The January 24 2005 issue of People has a 3-page story about Ashlyn Blocker if you haven't seen it. I will save the issue for you if you want to see it and are unable to find it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.