Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Ed Brennan and RallyRacingNews, I got my hands on some rally participation numbers, put them in a spreadsheet, and did a little analysis on them. This is for entertainment purposes, only.

This spreadsheet, which you can download [a href="http://www.ppcjunkie.com/downloads/rallyanalysis.xls"]from here[/a] contains ProRally participation numbers from 1991 - 2002. (Note, the spreadsheet is about 750K.)

I have attempted to show year or year growth in competitors and entries. In addition, you will see GPDI numbers to attempt to see if there is a relationship between economic prosperity/recession and rally growth. GPDI is gross private domestic investment and attempts to quantify domestic investment in buildings, warehouses, and other tangible items. You can insert your own economic indicators, if you wish.

If anyone can explain what happened in 1996, that would be great.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: Not a member of the Microsoft

I suspect you will have a hard time getting realistic spectator numbers since people wander into the woods to spectate. Well, maybe we could all count the spectators visible from someone's in-car.. ;-)

You might try getting viewership numbers from the TV coverage.

·
Registered
281 Posts
RE: Not a member of the Microsoft

I spent some solid time looking for such numbers in 2001, and got absolutely no where with any one, both in the SCCA, and Speed Vision. It was a huge headache. I spoke to a few marketing types not associated with the sport, and they said such numbers cost an exorbinant amount of money to get, so I gave up for lack of time. If you find anything, or need any help compiling anything you get let me know. I have some huge resources that have interest, but the bean counters want numbers, and not the European numbers I could find.. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
It was fun doing it?????? It is fun looking at it??????? It is fun knowing us non-bean counters will go crosseyed trying to figure it out???

A good effort Daphne.

Don

Personally, and for reasons I can't quite figure out the only numbers I find are fun are 6 and 9.......:eek:

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
>If anyone can explain what happened in 1996, that would be
>great.

All the newcomers who got into the sport in 94, and then crashed, spent 95 rebuiling their cars and came back in 96. ;)

Anders

1 - 11 of 11 Posts