Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see the rulebook says 'FIA or CARS approved' cells are required, if fitted. What makes a cell FIA or CARS approved? I ask because I went into a roundy-round/drag speedshop (Mopac just opened up a location in Edmonton) and the guy told me that their cells didn't have any safety rating. So I became confused. Any recommendations on brand names? Also, recommendations on size? This will be an injected, 2.0L 8v Saab. I'm thinking 10-12 gallon, but apparently, another concern is with the sending units. I'd like to have a fuel level gauge, and the guy at the speedshop said that the smaller capacity cells, ie. below 15 gallons, can't accommodate sending units because of their size, or something like this. Appreciate any insight!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am using an ATL brand fuel cell in my car. They carry a whole line of FIA approved cells for any use. They even make ballistic proof cells for the military. They also make their own sending units that can be used with any of their models. Go to www.atlfuelcells.com. Hope that helps.
Justin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts