Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

Listen Up!

While this may be most pertinant to Cendivers I would drive out of my own division for this baby, so here it is USA.

You need to attend and participate in this free ice race in Northern MN on January 17th. Yaaaaaa.

Do you remember when you first started having fun driving? This event captures that principle with no strings attatched. It is a Utopian marriage of motorsport and ice.

As a pretend grown-up I await the day of this event like I used to wait for Xmas as a kid. It is that much fun.

Check out the site.

http://icerace.shocauto.com

I will respond to questions on this thread if there are any.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jake, I'm staying up for an extra day this year. Chris and few other guys want to ski Giant's Ridge on Sunday. You interested? Just got back from a week in Salt LAke City so I'm all warmed up and ready to rip!

Speaking of ripping, finishing up the tires for the rex as we speak. It should be pretty fun... to say the least.

-Andy

P.S. This new car of mine actually has a rev limiter, I might let you drive it after all. Oh wait, it's a manual... might not be a good idea.

:p :p :p

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
>
>P.S. This new car of mine actually has a rev limiter, I
>might let you drive it after all. Oh wait, it's a manual...
>might not be a good idea.
>

Andrew

If the cheap cars you always bring didn't always break when I was driving them I would beat you with your own car. Which do you prefer?

The rex tranny shells have a flexing problem. Would you like me to find it for you?

I will get you again this year with the pasty-in-the-airbox trick. Yoopers v. trolls, on any ice, anytime.

You punk.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I've heard the tales from Buttses and others. Alas, again I don't have a car ready for this funner than the funnest of funny events.

Does someone have that video of Jer doing 4wd donuts in the Jeep? It looked like the Tasmanian Devil as he got faster and faster until the chopped ice obscured him in a cloud of white.

Hmmm...Maybe I'll pull out the Yamaha and a mess o' KoldKutters and charge up the cordless drill battery...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Big Jer's Donut video

Lurch,
I got the video you are talking about. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll send a copy your way.

[email protected]

That's right Mr Himes, no more TRW address. I've gone to "the show" and am working in the big leagues now. I've also learned that Gerenic Motors recently bought out Fuji manufacturing... which means my WRX is technically a GM car. I can call my friends in the On-Star department and have them activate the "police only" extra 25 hp when I'm driving and have them shut down a few extra cylinders when it detects an ill fated tranny abuser behind the wheel.

Should I call Scrappy now and have him order all the parts needed to rebuild the transmission, or should I wait until after the race?

·
Registered
33 Posts
RE: Big Jer's Donut video

I would bring two spare WRX trannys if you are involving Himes. If you have Scrappy pick you up parts, as a rule of thumb you must allow him to drive your car. And you and I both know what that would entail. I'm sure he could take care of your rev limiter while he's at it. I'm excited to see the Yooper V. Troll Showdown.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Sooo? How'd it go? The world it dying to know!

I went to the Gingerman Raceway ice/autocross instead. Pretty good time. We hit an unbuilt subdivision for a few hours on Saturday night near Holland for practice...That was a BLAST!!

Lurch

·
Registered
342 Posts
Big Sturgeon was pretty boss. Those involved in the organization should be given much gratitude for putting on such a fun, no-bull event. The course was a good mixture of tight and fast corners with a couple slight surface changes. The timing equipment was great also.
Andy's prediction was almost spot-on with the M4 results. Close competition though for sure. The top 14 M4 times were set with his hell-raiser-tire clad WRX. Andy was able to edge out Jake as well as Jeremy Butts. M2 was dominated by a Mustang except for an MR2 that had trouble holding air. The open class saw some interesting vehicles as ussual(hexagonal wheels?); snowmobiles were the fastest. In the S2 class a friendly fella in a well prepaired jetta stayed ahead of his nearest competition by just over 2 seconds. Following the jetta were a couple Mutties driving an integra and maxima. The top spots in S4 were split up between a 2.5 RS and a refurbished Evo that got tossed around a wee bit.
Don't know how familiar most of you are with hibbing, minnesota but its really friggen cold there and the day of the race wasn't much different. Had it not been for the hot food prepaired by C.O.'s mom I think most would have called'er good around noonish but the race lasted from 9 till 5. Hours of good clean fun.
I do believe the webpage linked a couple posts above will be updated soon so you could check that out for more details.
-matt

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Waaaah...she was a cold one, eh?

AllI got to say is dat was one fast troll I run into. He drove 800 miles to wupp me good. He had on some long spikes sticken outta dem tires too. Coupla times I was pullin' up crappies and walleye dem spikes were so long.

I asked Winker if I should go clean them fish off da course. He said, "Yaaaa...gula mojakka!!!!"

·
Registered
265 Posts
>Waaaah...she was a cold one, eh?

A might bit chilly, but I had the longies on so it wasn't too bad. Temp was in the teens, but the wind was brisk outta da Nort'.

>I asked Winker if I should go clean them fish off da course.
> He said, "Yaaaa...gula mojakka!!!!"

Mmmmm! Mojakka! Hey, C. O., think yer Mom could make up a batch of kala mojakka for next year? She can leave the heads out if she wants to, but that's where the flavor is. Jake likes to eat the eyes.

Timo Winkenen

PS What da heck is mojakka? www.mojakka.com. (Yet another Wink Timber web site.)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I sa dem cars wit frickn bolts sticken rite out of dem tires. Som dem cars had garpage cans cut n half stuck on der hoods and even da roofs. I figur does are fer scoopin up dah walley when tose spikes fling em up in nah air. I cant belif Jake let that stinkn troll wup on him. Mojakka!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yoopers might trool wit a chev, er maybe a Jag snowmobile. But dats only if der tryin' ta catch a fish like da one in da video!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts