Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any forum members going to Charlevoix? If so, please introduce yourself. It would be nice to put some faces against the names on the forum.

I will be there on Thursday at the shakedown and the pre-rally events. I also plan on spectating on Friday on Stages 1, 3 and 5.

Look for an old fart with grey hair and beard driving a white Subaru Legacy SW.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
62 Posts
Will be there.

Friday, I'm doing the start of Lac Moreau (SS 2/6) and spectating the rest of the weekend..

Black Impreza TS (L in the US), probably with a bunch of other Subarus...

·
Open AWD Extraordinaire!
1,216 Posts
I'm going up with Last Ditch Racing for crew. You'll find me camped out with an American flag flying over our rig at service.

Come by and say howdy or whatnot. If you're around during lunchtime, we might be able to slip ya a burger or hot dog! :) *

* Offer not valid in all service areas. While supplies last.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
>Friday, I'm doing the start of Lac Moreau (SS 2/6) and
>spectating the rest of the weekend..

Pou:

Where is the best location to spectate on Friday?

Doug Woods

·
Registered
62 Posts
Don't have any idea!!!

But Boileau could certainly be a good pick since they run it 3 times... But be aware that they close the roads very early (read at least 2 hours before the start).. So if you want to go "inside" the stage, you better be up early!! Or else you'll need to park at the start and walk.. But I don't know the stages. I was there last year but I don't remember what it looked like after the start...

·
Registered
14 Posts
----We might be able to slip ya a burger or hot dog!----

Well, I'll go for the burgers and the show! That's entertainment.

Probably get there on friday night.

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
I was there codriving car#6 (Jon Nichols). Finished all the stages but lost the motor on the last transit back to HQ.

Dave Shindle

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
1300K of recee & 1300K of rally = BIG DNF

A plastic timing gear cracked with only 10K of transit left.

Oh yeah, almost all my luggage was stolen out of my locked car on the way to the event. Driving suit, rally licenses, rally photo album, camera and equipment, radios, codriver stuff, warm clothes, boots and shoes,.....Luckily the Peltor was locked in the trunk but it sure made the rally a bit more difficult.
So if you happen to see anyone this Halloween Trick or Treating in Quebec in a red driving suit with my name on it, call me. I have a little something else for them.

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Theft

My luggage was stolen from my locked car in Lachine near Montreal.
I'd like to thank RMR Motorsport in Lachine for opening Sunday to sell me a new driving suit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts