Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been in the back of my head for more than a year now but to me it seems like instead of home country flag by names in Pro & ClubRally it should be state flags. Certainly those from outside the US can use their home country flags but since most participants are from the US I'd like to know where in the US. Seems to me it would make it a little more fun for rivalries and such. Just a thought. :7
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
I suggested using state flags on ClubRally cars to Doug
Robinson last year and was shot down.

Also, I'd think that using national flag on a car with a ClubRally
number could be used to identify those cars running BOTH the
ProRally and the supporting ClubRallys.

Patrick Rodi

P.S. FYI: the American flag on the co-driver's side is flying
the wrong way.
 

·
don't cut
Joined
·
4,075 Posts
I also proposed this. And will do so again. After all, David Higgins is carrying his "state" flag on his car. The flag he uses is that of the Isle of Man which is not a country. Scotland is. So somebody protest David. :) Just in case somebody thinks I am serious about protesting David: I'M JOKING!
Richard Miller
 

·
1973 WRC POR
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
After all, David
>Higgins is carrying his "state" flag on his car. The flag he
>uses is that of the Isle of Man which is not a country.
>Scotland is.

The Isle of Man is a Dependency of the British Crown with a high degree of internal autonomy being responsible for its own internal legislation and tax matters. UK relationship - The Isle of Man is an ancient Kingdom and is not part of the United Kingdom.

If you asked David, he would probably tell you the Isle of Man is a country.

Doug Woods
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
>If you asked David, he would probably tell you the Isle of
>Man is a country.
>
He sure would! I got an earful when I implied Wales was part of England in the presence of a Welshman. Wales even has its own official language...

Bruce
 

·
don't cut
Joined
·
4,075 Posts
I stand corrected. But I still think that the state flag should be allowed. It certainly shows the wide range of rally competitors since the original idea of the region number being a part of the car number is no longer being followed.
Richard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
I remember seeing a photo of Colin McRae and Nicky Grist's Focus that once had the St. Andrews and the Welsh Griffin by their names, with the Union Jack preceeding them. Maybe a system like this could be used. I think the idea of using state flags is wonderful. Though I do think the US flag would be more appropiate if only one of the people in the car is from the US.
 

·
just another old phart
Joined
·
2,258 Posts
Unless I missed some announcement, isn't the Visual Identification Package (including driver/co-driver names) still optional for Club Rally cars? And if so, couldn't you then put any flag you wanted beside your name (assuming some slight degree of reasonable taste of course)?

Kent Gardam
 

·
Marketing through Motorsports
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
>If the club rally is running as part of a pro rally then it
>is mandatory.

Well, sort of....

If the ClubRally entrant is dual-entered in a Club/Pro Rally, they have to use the ClubRally VIP. If they have entered ONLY the ClubRally in a Club/Pro Rally like Rim, they only have to meet the rules relating to number size, stroke width, etc.... they don't have to buy the VIP.

Personally, I think the VIP is the wiser choice regardless of whether or not you run only in the ClubRally part.

[hr]

[p align=right]John Dillon
John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com
 

·
don't cut
Joined
·
4,075 Posts
>
>The Isle of Man is a Dependency of the British Crown with a
>high degree of internal autonomy being responsible for its
>own internal legislation and tax matters. UK relationship -
>The Isle of Man is an ancient Kingdom and is not part of the
>United Kingdom.
>
>If you asked David, he would probably tell you the Isle of
>Man is a country.
>
>Doug Woods

Texas was an independent country also. As was California. Therefore, at least those two states should be allowed the state flag.
:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
After just paying my tax bills for 2002, it would appear that the Harris County Appraisal District and the Houston Independent School District also operate "with a high degree of internal autonomy being responsible for (their) own internal legislation and tax matters."

But which flag should I choose?

SL
 

·
don't cut
Joined
·
4,075 Posts
>After just paying my tax bills for 2002, it would appear
>that the Harris County Appraisal District and the Houston
>Independent School District also operate "with a high degree
>of internal autonomy being responsible for (their) own
>internal legislation and tax matters."
>
>But which flag should I choose?
>
>SL
The flag of bancruptcy?
 

·
R2- 50...WAIT! Make a left!
Joined
·
258 Posts
Add to that list the Union of Confederate States. But some may take offense at that flag...

Also, the original thirteen colonies were printing their own money and operating as independant states. That continued into the 1800s...

IIRC, I've seen Quebec's Fleur du/de?) Lis on a few FIA-mobiles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
>Also, the original thirteen colonies were printing their own
>money and operating as independant states. That continued
>into the 1800s...

I thought that ended when the Articles of Confederation were superseded by the Constitution.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top