Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Itinerant Co-Driver
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the 2014 Kickoff upon us, I got to thinking: how many other rally people are involved in FRC? I know of one or two - maybe a few more will come out of the woodwork.

I was a team member in high school and a mentor immediately after. These days, I mainly referee (though I've also been known to do robot inspection, too). For 2014, I'm head ref for Montreal regional as well as the brand spankin' new Windsor regional.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, have a look here: http://www3.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc

So... any other rally people also robot people?

·
Registered
662 Posts
FIRST guy here. Did it all throughout High School, and soon will be mentoring a local team nearby.

·
RallyX Weenie
672 Posts
We've got some folks running a team for the younger Lego-based series here at work. I'll probably get involved when my daughter gets a little older.

I am, however, a "robot person" - my MS degree is in robotics, and I participated in both the 2nd DARPA Grand Challenge and the Urban Challenge.

·
Itinerant Co-Driver
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We've got some folks running a team for the younger Lego-based series here at work. I'll probably get involved when my daughter gets a little older.
Awesome! I'm pretty heavily involved in FIRST Lego League, too. I've been a judge and referee for several years. Most recently I was the organizer for our local tournament this year.

I am, however, a "robot person" - my MS degree is in robotics, and I participated in both the 2nd DARPA Grand Challenge and the Urban Challenge.
That's pretty freakin' cool.

·
Toltec Rally Team
866 Posts
FIRST is an amazing program, I've been too a couple events. And one of the guys on our rally team leads a southern NH team. The world needs more FIRST.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts