Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey crew. Just wanted to say hello and intro myself. I'll be working with Jon Hamilton and the RallyVW crew for 2006. We look forward to a full season of Group 5 and hope to show well. We will still be running the TDI on Biodiesel but with a few fine tuned upgrades that we hope will keep us up to speed and out of the trees. We will be making our participation official in the next week and invite you all to check out our new website at www.rallyvw.com

Thanks in advance and please be kind to the newb.

·
Registered
478 Posts
biodiesel eh? can't wait to see how it works out! sounds interesting.

i'm curious, what sort of power loss do you get compared to running normal diesel?

for the past few years, i've been interested in hydrogen fuel as sort of the "fuel of the future"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far so good. Jon was able to win a points championship in 2002 with it and set a diesel auto record at Pikes Peek in 2004. Moving up to group 5 will test our ability however. Come see us at SnoDrift or another race and I'll let you take my TDI for a spin so you experience soy power first hand. :D

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Welcome Daniel

We've known Jon for years, but we won't hold that against you.

press on,

·
Registered
478 Posts
>So far so good. Jon was able to win a points championship in
>2002 with it and set a diesel auto record at Pikes Peek in
>2004. Moving up to group 5 will test our ability however. Come
>see us at SnoDrift or another race and I'll let you take my
>TDI for a spin so you experience soy power first hand. :D

Don't say that...I'm actually going to be at sno-drift...hehe.

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
Well I would welcome you to the rallying asylum but after looking at the website it's obvious that you have already been corrupted.

Kent Gardam

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"it's obvious that you have already been corrupted."

I'd say thats fair. Growing up my father and I would watch rally whenever it was on. Not sure why we liked it so much but we both seemed to enjoy off the wall stuff. We also like yacht racing for some reason but thats another story.

Call me odd but I just can't see why running around in a circle is such a big deal. If you can go 100mph through trees on gravel while missing deer and other furry woodland critters... thats much more sporting.

Jon and I hooked up through the TDI world and it became obvious that he needed a babysitter. Dude just has way too much energy to be off in the woods without a chaperone. Sadly with me along on the trip it just means we will be that much more out of control.

One thing I hope to gain from you, the established members of the US Rally community, is simply what it takes to succeed and maybe even thrive. I've done a few things that require organizational skills but I'm gonna be flying by the seat of my pants on this one. Any and all help will be appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts