Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upset in Finland...
Winner nearly a minute ahead the closest competitors.
1. Martin
2. Solberg
3. Burns
4. Sainz
5. Loeb
What happened to the finish drivers this year?

Whiplash RallyeSport

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
>Upset in Finland...
>Winner nearly a minute ahead the closest competitors.
>1. Martin
>2. Solberg
>3. Burns
>4. Sainz
>5. Loeb
>What happened to the finish drivers this year?
>
>Whiplash RallyeSport

Whoa! Martin - the first non-Finn to win Rally Finland since 1992 when Auriol did!! Markko has 'future world champion' written all over him the way Marcus did during his first works ride.

Now where the heck is Estonia?? Oh - there it is just north of Latvia ... and commuting distance to Finland! ;-)

AND - Rally Finland stands as the first WRC event this year that didn't have a French (PSA) representative in the top two. Congrats to Ford & Subru too!

Halley ...
Owner/Driver ProRally #86 - world's first New Beetle Rally Car
RealAutoSport, LLC
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
the battle between petter and richard on the last 4 stages was awesome!!! 3 days of rallying and they are tied on both splits on the final stage! this was by far some of the best competition i have seen in the last 5 years on the wrc series. no major mechanical problems taking someout out just hard fast driving that was either punished or rewarded. although it appears that once you get a guy w/a minute lead everyone else stops chasing and settles on trying to be the best of the rest. and man i loved seeing a definate lack of red cars on the top spots that is starting to get a little repetitve over there and over here too!
greg

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Had to agree with "Nick's Picks". The onboard footage of Petter on that stage was superb! Nicky brings so much extra to these rallies.

·
Registered
924 Posts
and have you ever seen someone so happy to get second place? Petter is a truly great addition to the world of motorsport, he even gets the stage times while his co-driver relaxs in the car, what a guy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts