Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after months of trying to figure out what i wanted i finally pulled the trigger on an 1986 bmw 325es, while i would have preferred an i or is model this is what i settled for and who knows maybe i will swap her later on but i just want to get into rallyx asap so ill be running her as is for now. she runs mint so far ony thing i m going to do is throw on some stock springs because the previous owner thought it would be cool to cut the springs and likely a race seat. Any guys with experience racing these e30s are welcome to throw tips my way!

·
Mostly TSD Weenie
181 Posts
Check the classing rules before you make mods. Stock springs for sure, but that racing seat will put you into prepared and possibly even modified. Depends on the local rules. As you move into prepared, you want to understand what mods will have the biggest return on your hard spent dollars.

There are mods you can make in stock class that give an advantage and will translate well for your eventual move into prepared. Things like an aggressive alignment, good shocks/struts, a cat back exhaust, a performance air filter (but not removing air box).

Look at removing or cutting back on that front air dam. Otherwise it will do double duty grading the course. Pushing dirt around will not help your times. :)

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
congrats!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey zack, go look at your own vid at the very end. She is smiling as much as you are..
A smrat guy would think about that.

Looks like you had fun..

What's the near and long term plans?
yep she loved it, and she will be running in the next one! but future plans are to get good at rallyx, swap the engine, then maybe some stage rallies in the future who knows

·
Registered
1 Posts
You want to understand what mods will have the biggest return on your hard spent dollars. There are mods you can make in stock class that give an advantage and will translate well for your eventual move into prepared. Things like an aggressive alignment, good shocks/struts, a cat back exhaust, a performance air filter (but not removing air box).??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts