Special Stage Forums banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for bringing the thread up to top so I saw it. My Fiesta ST is only a RallyX car and is very much closer to stock than your guys. I'm just now tuning and adjusting a newly installed Cusco gravel spec suspension supplied by Yawsport. Have only a shake-down rain autoX and some light dirt testing on it. Currently working to redistribute jounce vs droop travel to get the bump stops a bit further away. I'd like to keep it at stock ride height for handling goodness, but may have to lift it a bit to be able to crash the rough stuff a little harder.

If you're interested, Brett at Yawsport has (maybe had) a Cusco limited slip for this car. I was planning on using it, but am not unhappy with the electronic vectoring stuff, so put it off for now. I know he thinks I'd be faster with it. But this car is already pretty competitive locally, so I can afford to develop slowly. BTW, anyone know where I can grab a second set of Team Dynamics Pro Rally wheels for this car? They seem to have disappeared from the US. I found some old Focus alloys in 15x6 that I guess will do for now for my mud tires. But they lack the extra high safety bead, so a debead risk. At least the price was right.

-- Bill

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Only non-stock stuff so far is just tossing the base car suspension bits on it- rear beam and front knuckles. Had to grind off some of the Bilsteins struts to get them to clear the ST CV boots. May have to grind more. I haven't driven it for 2 or 3 years.

I don't think I need more power, although I keep eying the Pumaspeed final drive.

Did you email Paul Eddleston to ask about the wheels?

·
Registered
75 Posts
No, didn't check TIM. Sent one off.

Word I got from others is there are no USA distributors currently, nor likely any 108's on shelves. So best bet would be used.

I suppose importing from UK is a possibility. Given the strength of the dollar, I can sometimes get things cheap enough to be able to eat the shipping. Or I can suck it up and go to Braid.

EDIT -- They don't have them...at least not mine...but they import them from Spain I think he said, and mine is in stock over there. Haven't heard cost yet.

·
Registered
280 Posts
but am not unhappy with the electronic vectoring stuff,

-- Bill
if You bypass ABS pump by replumbing brake system the problem will go away.
well i had to do it because i wanted brake line to be inside of the car, same as fuel line.
can probably get away with simple unplugging one of the wheel sensors
as for LSD I bought the cheapest available from M-Factory. i think it was around $600
same as Quaife or any other torsen/helical diff, does job just fine and i don't have to worry about wearing clutch plates.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm guessing maybe you misread my post? I like the OE electronic lsd. At least on dirt.

BTW, Paul at TIM didn't have my TD ProRally wheels, but was able to order them from UK for a decent price.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I got my car out of the garage for the first time in 3 years this past week. Yay.

It has a lot of problems I need to figure out. I think I either have brake fluid or coolant leaking. I can't tell entirely which fluid is leaking, but my brakes are horrible, and my coolant is low, so I'm going to start with those.

I can at least re-organize the garage a little bit with the car out of there.

Rally car prep is amusing for me in that I feel the best when the car looks the closest to "stock" in terms of not having crap scattered all over.

·
Shifting and drifting
502 Posts
I’ll help you when I get back. On somewhat warm days or at least a comfortable garage. Just figure out what shit an idiot can do to be productive and we will have you ready for Meaty Ochre Wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #88

Had to trim the bracing to clear the intercooler tubing. But once it was done, I could move on to finally get the front fascia back on.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
They might not be working - I was linking them from google, which I guess could have all sorts of permissions problems.

I am still bitter, years later, that Google broke being able to use Picasa to host photos.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts