Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somewhere in the mists of time, I seem to recall hearing about someone in the rally community who still had the molds for fibreglass fenders for 140-series Volvos. And while my memory isn't the most reliable device I own, it seems to me the source was in the U.S. Pacific Northwest. Seattle? Portland?

My note to Ben Bradley, source of all such knowledge, bounced back. This inquiry is on behalf of an Australian bloke who is in the market. Is there anyone else out there who might help?

Thanks!

Doug Mepham
[email protected]
Volvo 142S

·
Registered
245 Posts
Can't help you as to a current source for fiberglass 140 fenders...
I have, though, been toying with the idea of MAKING molds for the 140 series f-fenders, (and other model volvo's) Though with the reorganizing I'm doing at my shop at the moment, I won't be in a position to do this until next spring. If there is enough interest out there, I will go ahead and do it though!

Nick Polimeni
'71 Volvo 142E (daily driver/RallyCross)
Editor, Blue Mountain Region, SCCA
[email protected]

·
Registered
768 Posts
- Track down Robby Gordon in Portland, OR (Robby is ipd founder Richard Gordon's son). He knows where the molds are for fenders, hood and truck lid.
- Check also Canadian rust repair places and parts dealers, they used to sell 'class fenders real cheap! I paid $ 35/each looooong time ago. They came from Ontario.
- If nothing else helps, Sweden is full of them. There's is a big place in Gothenburg which sells all Volvo 'class parts including 1-piece flip-front for PV544! Contact Swedish Volvo clubs. google.com will find them for you. Fibreclass fender = "Plast skarm" in Swedish.
- Crazy-John Vanlandingham has contacts as well.

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
Jo-viiiist för fan kontakta galningen VanVurpa, kan du fatta nåt dummare än australienare som har varit ute i 50 graders sol tills den lilla hjärna är stekt tills det ser ut som kanin-skit som vill betala summan det skulle kosta att ta dit plast grejor till Volvo stridsvagnar? Oi, oi, oi jag behöver ett kallt Swan's.

ago. They came from Ontario.
>- If nothing else helps, Sweden is full of them. There's is
>a big place in Gothenburg which sells all Volvo 'class parts
>including 1-piece flip-front for PV544! Contact Swedish
>Volvo clubs. google.com will find them for you. Fibreclass
>fender = "Plast skarm" in Swedish.
>- Crazy-John Vanlandingham has contacts as well.

Hej Topi fick du min email med dom fotos av svänghjulet som är för stort i diametern? Ring mig, va?

John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

·
Registered
238 Posts
http://www.140-klubben.org/ They might know too. They also got a bunch of cool pics and junk. I would buy some too. Just got a bunch of money for christmas! Gonna blow it on my car. I really need a trunk! for my 71. Is it the easily broken kinda fiberglass stuff? people can't seem to stop running into the back of my car! Umm watch out for that volvo owners. People wanna take em off the road! Hee hee hee. Who did post about that? Hmmm was it Will McDonald? I'll ask him.
Matt
1971 Volvo 142E

1 - 5 of 5 Posts