Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I like how they dropped so much to save money, but then they add Mexico and Japan to the calendar increasing freight costs. The two car rule would have been ok had they not made the third driver rule 3 months earlier putting a lot of teams in a bind with a now hired 3rd driver.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My understanding is that the Rally Commission meets next week in Paris and there are still matters to be settled. NZ is unhappy with a July date as it is the middle of our wet season and events in the past have been affected by washouts, mudslids and impassable roads.
Apparently the commission will look sypathecially to shuffling events around.

Events can also apply for dispensation from the One Service Park rule which NZ plans to do which will allow the event to return to the Raglan and Whaanga Coast region.

I guess we will know more after next week and the full Council meeting in October

G

·
>Who really wants anything to do with FIA?

Conformity worked for the Nazis. Why doesn't it work for you?

Conformity is the biggest accomplishment in U.S. rally
in the past several years.

You will conform, or you will be exterminated!

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>My understanding is that the Rally Commission meets next
>week in Paris and there are still matters to be settled. NZ
>is unhappy with a July date as it is the middle of our wet
>season and events in the past have been affected by
>washouts, mudslids and impassable roads.
>Apparently the commission will look sypathecially to
>shuffling events around.
>
> Events can also apply for dispensation from the One Service
>Park rule which NZ plans to do which will allow the event to
>return to the Raglan and Whaanga Coast region.
>
>I guess we will know more after next week and the full
>Council meeting in October

I was interested by the second pass of recce being the morning of the day you run the stages - so that you can have spectator problems on both the recce and the stage (how early do spectators get in to pick their places?).

<humour>
Next they'll want all the stages in a loop, so you can do a couple of practice laps in the morning and a few race laps in the afternoon without the spectators or media having to move around. Then you can make all the transits into stage too, put up grandstands, barriers, and catch fencing, and puild a permanent pits complex, er... service park. Then the'll want sufficient runoff area at every corner, and short enough laps so that the spectators see the cars more often....
</humour>

Also, you have to run recce in the rally car or a truly stock car - which would you want to recce a rough rally in, a rental car that might not make it, or your rally car that might break during recce? I assume that this is to reduce the expense of hauling gravel cars around the world, but aren't the top teams going to bring their own recce cars anyway?

Adrian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts