Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a US citizien applying for a Nation Rally license overseas, and the governing body in the country where I'm living states:

"Applicants born overseas . . . are required by the FIA to obtain clearance from the Motorsport authority of their country of origin."

My question is, what is the FIA recognised Mortosport authority in the US that I should contact for clearance? Would any organization under the ACCUS umbrella do? Any contact information would be appreciated.

thanks,

Chris

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
997 Posts
2 people who should be able to help you on this are
JB Niday of Rally America and John Shirley of NASA Rallysport
both are probably at RIM this weekend. (I know JB is for sure).
So you may have a few days in wait for a reply (Sorry I can't give you a better answer) ACCUS is a totally different beast for us here in the states.

·
Registered
189 Posts
ACCUS is the governing motorsports body in the US and you will need a letter from them confirming you have not had a license in the US that is suspended. If you have a license from one of the rally groups ACCUS may check with them. At least that is what I had to do a few years ago to get a Brit license.

·
www.christianedstrom.com
2,144 Posts
Your letter from ACCUS should also state that ACCUS have no objections to your having a national rally license from your country of residence.

I have to do this every year with the Swedish motorsport federation. By now they just update the date on the same letter...

- Christian

Bjorn Christian Edstrom
www.christianedstrom.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts