Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wrong audience?

I think that the 890 members here would read a good, technical, serious rally journal. The demise of RallySport and the success (for now anyway) of RallyXS shows that "real" rally has a limited print audience. If it was glossy and fan oriented enough to make money I guess it might work. Do you think the world needs more shallow fan mags, though?

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
I know I would like to see one!
:+

Whiplash RallyeSport

·
Registered
245 Posts
Heck, I'd just be happy if Road and Track or Autoweek simply covered ProRally or WRC on a regular basis. If Rally got even half the coverage of F1 in these otherwise great car mags, it would be a good thing.

Nick Polimeni
'71 Volvo 142E (daily driver/RallyCross)
Editor, Blue Mountain Region, SCCA
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
sport compact car covers every prorally. and the write up and pics are is good. my only beef is that they dont put captions on the pics cuz most of the time you cant se the number or the name on the windows. sure i know who it is but i have every car committed to memory but the casual or new fan may not know who it is. plus grassroots motorsports has a rally writeup by paul eklund every issue. so who needs road and track!
greg

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'd really like to see coverage of non-WRC series and events, like Peugeot's one-make series, the Asia-Pacific series, Caribbean events, South American events, and maybe even that SCCA thing, too.

In other words, it's not just US and WRC. Heck, I think even Canada has a rally or two.:p

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sport Compact Car doesn't have Peter Egan writing for them... Plus R&T covers vintage stuff and other things of interest. I may be 22, but that doesn't mean I like tuner boy cars. }> And the cars I've seen in "Grassroots" haven't really been in my price range... And if anyone should be classified as grassroots... Well, more root than grass probably...

Nick Polimeni
"On a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate becomes zero."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts