Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
I was wondering when he was gonna be able to go over there! Way to go Pat!!! We're all rooting for ya! A6...what exactly is that class anyhow?

·
Registered
665 Posts
He must be running the Peugeot 206 Super Cup.

It'll be interesting for him, going from an AWD turbo GrN car to a two wheel drive car with 150hp.

I think the first event is April 26.

Robin

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pat Richard is being advertised as a guest on Raceline Radio www.theteamradio.com on April 8. The show signs on at 10pm eastern time live across the country (unless they're carrying a Mariners game). Raceline is now archiving the guest segments, but that appears to run about two weeks behind the original airing. If you check out the archives there is an interview with Tom McGeer.
The link to Raceline Radio is www.raceline.ca

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
I think the super 1600 cars are closer to 200 bhp and with a nice close ratio box with really short fianl drive the performance shoulb be somewhat comparable, just the power delivery different. Pat can probably still remember what normal aspirated with NO hp and No gearing, and lots of weight.
This should be a real hoot.

He'll do just fine with just a bit of time to adjust to the narrowness of some of the stages.

John Vanladingham

·
Registered
665 Posts
The 206 Cup runs in A6 - I'm pretty sure they aren't Super 1600 cars. The 150hp figure is from Peugeot's 206 cup web site where they also provide (different) specs for the Super 1600 car. I think the winner of the Cup series gets a drive in the Super 1600 car. Maybe Pat can clarify.

I have no doubt he will do well - but I think it would be an adjustment for anyone: hp, traction, weight, notes, tarmac etc. This is a great move, the competition will be cut-throat I'm sure.

Robin

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
OOOOps, yeah I read something too about output, oh well still should be a gas even with only 150ish, thats what the old 2.5rs Sub-a-rat had but it was what 1000lbs heavier.

Pat has said he's wondering a bit about the steering wheel being mis-placed, and shifting with the left, but I said that shifts are planned things, you actually have to think about them however minimally, so there should be no problems there, and unplanned reflexive things like mashing on the brakes after a driving error should be fine, brake pedal is still where its supposed to be an you use the same foot.
Still you guys just wouldn't believe how narrow some of the lanes and roads used for stages are. Very narrow, with nasty hedges and little room for error or the sort of er 'vigourous' driving we generally see from Pat. Narrow even for little grocery getter cars, I find those roads nerve racking at the legal speeds except at night. I was often the designated driver coming home from real ale pubs driving Minis
and theres is often barely room for two Minis to meet and pass.
Pat'll get the hang of it though, but I think that will be the biggest challenge.

John Vanlandingham

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.