Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new product section in the March issue od Sport & Compact Car indicated that Falken is introducing a rally specific tire. The thread pattern resembles the Micheln and Silverstone "L". Does anyone know who will be retailing these tires? We may have another lower priced tire like the Kumho if Falken prices them like their other performance tires.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I hope so!

I run on Azenis Sport in the summer, and I'd love to have a set of 15" Azenis Rally on my Compomotives for rallycrossing.

/Andrew

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
As per my contact at Falken, they don't have them stateside yet. Every time I ask them, the ETA on arrival keeps getting pushed back. Typically, anytime you see a rally competitor with them on, they've had them brought over from japan.

-Jason

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Your local Sears store sells Falken Tires. Wouldn't THAT be a handy rally tire source! Someone should investigate that connection...

Bruce

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts
There is an outfit in Lebanon PA that sells them. Do a web search.

Wilson

·
Registered
239 Posts
Running an A2 Golf, I have an interest in 14" tires:

The Falkens listed are around the same price as Michelin M4's from Libra. So do you go with an older style Michelin, or a new tread style from Falken? Are Falkens the same quality as Michelin?

When did the Michelins sneak down a little in price? I thought they were always 150 or more...( for 14" )

Russ

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thought the same thing, for the same price I'll stick with the Michelin's from either Libra or Subesport.

Greg,
Crew Chief
1989 GTX #291

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
>Your local Sears store sells Falken Tires. Wouldn't THAT be
>a handy rally tire source! Someone should investigate that
>connection...
>
>Bruce

I tried this when I got my Azenis sport and they supposedly had no listing in their book for them.
Jon

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
>>Your local Sears store sells Falken Tires. Wouldn't THAT be
>>a handy rally tire source! Someone should investigate that
>>connection...
>>
>>Bruce
>
>I tried this when I got my Azenis sport and they supposedly
>had no listing in their book for them.
>Jon

I corresponded with Falken awhile back. They said they were investigating selling their rally tire in the US, but didn't yet see enough of a market. Their US distributors don't even know the rally tires exist. Contacting them can't hurt. Maybe somebody with a few bucks could buy a containerful and become a distributor.

Bruce

·
Registered
2 Posts
Leslie D. Heine
Advertising/Communications
Falken Tire Corp.

Hi guys! Wanted to give you an update on rally tires! Yes, they are coming! Third quarter of this year (July - Sept), however they may be here sooner. Sorry, there's nothing we can do about the production schedules.

We will most likely distribute the tires ourselves and pricing is yet to be determined.

On a different note...want to invite all of your out to our Drifting event this Sunday, March 2nd. Hit www.driftshowoff.com for more details.

You all would have a great time! Who are the best drifters anyway??? Rally drivers!

Hope to see ya there!

By the way, if you have questions on tires...don't hesitate to hit our web site or to call me direct...800-723-2553. www.falkentire.com

Thanks for your time.

Leslie

·
Registered
131 Posts
I saw them out at the SEMA show in November at Falken's booth. I thought to myself, "hmmm, hey self- this would be a prime opportunity to try and hook some sponsorship for our rally car, I'm sure Falken is eager to get some good exposure for these great new tires!"

So I approached a group of Falken reps standing around and inquired about the tires, performance, price, availability, etc.

The response I got was basically, "Huh? What rally tires?" "You know, those knobbies over there." "I saw George bring those in yesterday, don't know anything about them." "Are they for trucks? Seem kinda small!" "I dunno, maybe they're for little trucks, or snow or something."

So much for informed salespeople. This was at the biggest automotive trade show in the country, so I shudder to think what kind of help you would get at a local retailer!

They did look good, though. Maybe someone will know something sometime. Or not. x(

Brian Flanagan
G2 #842 BMW 323is:7

1 - 16 of 16 Posts