Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CoD wanted for Snodrift and perhaps other 06' events. Experience with notes essential. Having fun guaranteed.

Car
Group 2 2000 Integra Type R, freshly built.

Driver
Evan Moen - 31, Automotive suspension Engineer, Father of one.
2000 CARS Rallye Auto Charlevoix, – DNF - Engine (PGT Eclipse)
2000 SCCA Sno*Drift, – 2nd Production – 18th OA
1999 Michelin/SCCA ProRally Series – 3rd Driver Production
1999 CARS Rally of the Tall Pines, - DNF –Steering failure
1999 CARS Rallye Auto Charlevoix, – 1st Production – 13th OA
1999 SCCA LSPR, – 1st Production – 19th OA
1999 SCCA Ojibwe Forests, – DNF – Tire failure
1999 SCCA Maine Forest, - 1st Production – 18th OA
1999 SCCA STPR, – DNF – Driveshaft failure
1999 SCCA CLUB Headwaters, Park Rapids, MN – 1st Production - 8th OA
1999 SCCA Sno*Drift, Atlanta, MI – 3rd Production – 21st OA
1998 CARS Rally of the Tall Pines, – 1st Production – 9th OA
1998 SCCA LSPR, – 1st Production – 14th OA
1998 SCCA Ojibwe Forests, – 2nd Production 13th OA
1998 SCCA CLUB STPR, – 12th U2 - 25th OA
1998 SCCA CLUB Headwaters, – 4th U2 – 9th OA (P Neon)

2006 Events
SnoDrift both clubs (snow)
Cherokee Trails (gravel)
Rally TN (tarmac)
LSPR both clubs (gravel)

Contact
[email protected]
248-420-3084

·
Registered
17 Posts
I might be interested. I have been rallying since 1987 in Barbados, and moved to the US in 2003 and I am living in Miami. My brother and I still run a 1992 Vauxhall Astra GSi which is built similar to G2 regs - it has 230BHP and a 6-speed sequential. I go to Barbados when I can to join him on rallies. You can check out www.rallyman.com and www.justbajan.com for photos. We just completed Rally Jamaica - www.rallyjamaica.com. I can also turn a wrench if necessary - my brother and I built the car ourselves.

I have not applied for a Rally America licence, but I am sure I can get one - I have an FIA international licence with many international events under my belt.

Drop me a line if you are interested - [email protected]

Jonathan Linton

·
Registered
434 Posts
LMFAO....One of your links still points to the Morris Dampers domain! Hopefully you'll come out east so I can return those POS myself!

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
hmmm...

Before you hosed me over you said you owned the company.

I would suggest owning up to prior mistakes Evan rather than trying to deflect blame.

And I wouldnt expect many folks towing you out of snowbanks.

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
Registered
434 Posts
RE: hmmm...

Thanks JC......Regardless of whether Evan lied about owning the company he lied about many things to many people. People like him are what is wrong with the automotive aftermarket, and quite honestly I'm sick of it. His response here is typical of the kind of BS I would expect for him, kind of sad to see his SOP is still the same..

FWIW to other vendors: The rally community is too small to take such a big crap where you eat. Don't expect people to quickly forgive/forget when you f-ed them over.

-C

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RE: hmmm...

I'm sorry to hear I have wronged you and sincerely appologize.
I have pulled many people out of ditches and helped many others with suspension engineering and will continue to do so. It's sport afterall.

Evan

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
RE: My humble viewpoint.....

Just for perspective.....

I did not have any experience with Morris, just read some posts here, so can't comment about that issue at all. If I had the kinds of issues reported, I might feel similarly. But.....

On the more personal side, I had the chance to meet and get to know Evan a bit at STPR last year while riding with Larry Parker. From reading prior posts here about Morris, I was expecting some predatory monster. But instead, I found Evan to be a genuinely knowledgable person, hard-working when we experienced a problem that almost put us out of STPR before we even started, and a nice fellow to boot, with a family and mortgage like most of us. Truth be known, I volunteered to navigate with Evan for the upcoming Sno*Drift and then realized that I had a business conflict in TX that I could not cancel. Otherwise, I would be up there in MI in a few weeks with him, probably complaining about the cold, but ready to push or pull at the first extra-cirricular action in a snow bank.

Just my take, presnted in the hope of contributing to a more complete perspective when taken with other people's reports on their experiences. (And, I hope that no one will hold it against me for presenting this.)

Regards to all,
Mark B.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks Mark.
Hopefully there wont be any out of car snowy pushing of the car.....
Positive thinking is the key.

Evan

·
Registered
189 Posts

Wow, I'm glad to see that you are doing ok Evan. After about a year of not returning my calls and emails, I thought maybe something dreadful may have happened to you. I just want to thank you again for the wonderful work you did on my project. Anyone would be proud to have a set of your brilliantly engineered paper weights in their garage. Trust me, I am no exception.

I hope the hard earned money that I so foolishly spent was put to good use on your new car.

Have a nice life, I hope to see you at an event out West.

Gabe Pari

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Rally, tar, and feathers.

It sure looks like there is about to be a mob lynching preceded by tarring and feathering.

I'm not taking ANY sides here... just commenting that perhaps this thread should be placed in a less conspicuous forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts