Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
.....and I thought that GM had the UGLY market cornered with that Aztek P.O.S.........guess not !!!

Matt Manspeaker
Seattle, WA USA
89 323GTX - Open

·
Registered
124 Posts
Looks like they only messed with the front spoiler and left
everything else alone. They had some bumper + intercooler
issues to solve up there. What I don't like is taking
styling clues from the eclipse.... I thought they took all
the brand managers out and shot them already.

pt-

·
Registered
250 Posts
I wouldn't say it's "THAT" ugly. The only really nasty part is that nasty little splitter that comes up and divides the grill in two.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Trust me, the picture above my previous post is in the dictionary under UGLY

Matt Manspeaker
Seattle, WA USA
89 323GTX - Open

·
Registered
118 Posts
The silver car in the backghound is a Mitsubishi Eclipse.I dont think the EVO looks that bad. I like the new front, it gives it a "mean" ("dont mess with me" ) personality. I dont think any of you would turn it down (especially you Alex)if the car was offered to you by Mitsubishi for rallying.

Carlos Lopez
E.T. Racing
Car # 151

P.S. "THAT'S MY NEXT RALLY CAR!" ...cant wait!:D

·
Registered
240 Posts
Actually I would vote for the CZ3 Tarmac show car that was at the Tokyo Auto show this year, same motor and tranny as the Lancer Evo, but in a Bimmer Mini size hot hotchback. Sounds like fun to me in 300hp awd hot hatch!!!
http://www.autoweek.com/specials/2001_tokyo/mitsu/cz3/DSCN0929.jpg
MOST FUN: For its presentation of this hot little pocket rocket, Mitsubishi employed pair of hipster models-a sassy, black and red clad lass and a spikey haired, dark shade wearing dude who looked like an actor straight out of the tuner-car inspired flick "The Fast and The Furious." Fun? You bet. Mitsubishi is obviously aiming this sporty, four-door, rally-inspired car at a younger, fast-paced crowd looking for some zip and hip. The CZ3 provides it in spades. Borrowing from its rally racing heritage, Mitsubishi equipped the CZ3 with a 4WD system used in the Lancer Evolution VII that comes with ACD (active center differential) and AYC (active yaw control) systems. The CZ3 is powered by peppy, 1.5 liter GDI powerplant with an intercooled turbocharger. The CZ3's aggressive exterior has a shape reminiscent of a Ford Focus, but with imposing front grille work, headlamp design and fog lamp placement. The bulbous tail highlights stylish exhaust pipe work. Inside, race car seat-belt design, a cool, anodized aluminum sequential shift lever and LCD gauges advance the rally-inspired, tech-heavy theme. The CZ3 also features high-tech touches like a center dashboard with a multi-use monitor that can display DVD or navigation systems. Mitsubishi says CZ3 could see production soon-there's even talk of bringing it to the U.S. market. This is one compact with fun written all over its rally red exterior.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That car doesn't actualy have the same motor as the Evo. It has a 1.5 GDI engine. Probably not bad in a car that size but definitely not a 300 hp Evo motor.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sorry, I thought I read somewhere on it that the Tarmac CZ3 came with a 2.0 litre engine while the CZ3 came with the 1.5 litre engine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts