Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
not bad, I like it without the wing. probably will exist on the produciton car, but was omitted on the rolling test bed to be a little bit subtle.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Guess I can hang onto the $$$ that I was saving for one....

Maybe I can find a decent VI instead

Matt Manspeaker
Seattle, WA USA
89 323GTX - Open

·
Registered
229 Posts
Why...? They had a decent-looker in the Evo VII, lots of support, sure to sell a ton, and they decide to redesign the car before the bring it here? Are they nuts?

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
It used to be that as the EVO number went up, the car looked meaner and performed better as a rally car.

Lately, as the EVO number goes up, the car looks less attractive and the performance as a rally car goes down.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
151 Posts
I assume the missing bling-bling wing was to thwart the spy-photogs. I usually despise such huge, thrusty aero devices, but the (new) Lancer needs it to draw attention away from its hideous hindquarters.

The good part is the pumped-up, Quattro-esqe, Integrale-esque fender blisters. A nice nod of acknowledgement to its mentors.

Hey, at least we finally have another decent car on the market!:9

·
Registered
946 Posts
>I assume the missing bling-bling wing was to thwart the
>spy-photogs. I usually despise such huge, thrusty aero
>devices, but the (new) Lancer needs it to draw attention
>away from its hideous hindquarters.
>
>The good part is the pumped-up, Quattro-esqe,
>Integrale-esque fender blisters. A nice nod of
>acknowledgement to its mentors.
>
>Hey, at least we finally have another decent car on the
>market!:9

True, but that things so Ugly I'll stick to my 1999 Mitsu Eclipse GSX thats nearly paid off

·
Flat over crest
303 Posts
The photos look to me that there is some degree of masking going on. Clearly the tail lights are masked. It looks as though there is something in front as well.

All it needs is the right color (red for example), some big rally lights, smaller diameter wheels with rally tires and yes - some kind of rear wing treatment.

I'll be looking closely at the size of the brakes and what wheel/tire options will be feasible. And if it comes in closer to $30,000 than I like - I will be looking much more closely at the Infiniti G35 Coupe (the Nissan Skyline to the rest of the world). Word has it, that the 4WD variant may reach these shores.

Scott
www.teamharco.com
Team Harco Motorsports
"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts