Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ist there no interest in British, Asian, German, Australian events?
All I read here is about the WRC. What about Rallye Raids?
Whiplash RallyeSport

·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess so.
Whiplash RallyeSport

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Paris-dakar always receives lots of talk. I read about them in Autosport. I'll wager that I am the only person from Sachse, Texas to 1)receive Autosport and 2) have a letter to the editor published in Autosport.
Richard;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I post information about the big event(the rally carnival) in Barbados. But that is in hope of attracting down a US/Canadian entry. We had two serious inquires for this year, but for various reason's it did'nt work out. The last SCCA entrant was Noel Lawler two years ago, and before him about 5 or 6 years ago was Jim Anderson.

I think the problem is, is not lack of interest, but lack of "local" excitment and knowledge. I don't post much in the US forum because I don't get to the events and don't know the crews.(hopefully one of these years I'll get up there to catch an event:)) Just as Americans don't know the competitors down here, or in the UK or Europe etc etc(this is not meant to be a blanket statement, but generally speaking).

If I say "mayers is going to beat the "sheriff", and "micey" is going to be up there with the "surfer", is going to cause a great debate down here, but mean little or nothing in the US.

Sean Lucas

·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well,... I guess seeing that our sanctioning body, doesn't do all to much for our sport either, we are dependent on bits of info the net, foreign mags and ourselves, leave behind here.
I will try to post news from other events as I find them.
:+
Whiplash RallyeSport

1 - 5 of 5 Posts