Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there I was sitting on a tropical island in Fiji, watching ESPN last saturday hoping for some USC - UCLA updates and what were they showing instead???

RIM 05, Rally 05 and a round of BRC. Nothing like a good Fiji Bitter after a surf session and 2hrs of rally on TV.

:)

-george
 
Joined
·
219 Posts
ON ESPN!?

Is this odd to anyone else? Maybe I'm in the dark about ESPN, I don't watch it. Does Fox own it as well and therefore would move footage around and perhaps measure the feedback from viewers?

EDIT: someone is about to tell me "it's a different ESPN in Fiji"?

Matthew Johnson
CarolinaRallySport.com
matthewjohnson.us
 

·
eating dust taking photos
Joined
·
3,740 Posts
>ON ESPN!?
>
>Is this odd to anyone else? Maybe I'm in the dark about ESPN,
>I don't watch it. Does Fox own it as well and therefore would
>move footage around and perhaps measure the feedback from
>viewers?
>
>EDIT: someone is about to tell me "it's a different ESPN in
>Fiji"?
>
>Matthew Johnson
>CarolinaRallySport.com
>matthewjohnson.us


Probably different for Fuji. Most other parts of the world get a "different" ESPN (different alignments and broadcasting packages).

ESPN is actually owned by ABC/Disney technically speaking...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts
it's still the US based espn, just more worldly content. was in mexico a few years back and they were showing some brc and wrc. we should all fire some emails to espn saying how much we enjoy seeing all this other content when we travel, perhaps they'll see some commercial viability in it for the US.
Jtree

George, hope the surf'ns been good....:D
 

·
Tightens!
Joined
·
81 Posts
You don't have to convince the networks of anything: Just buy air time.

Rally people - more than anyone - should understand that all it takes to get on the air is someone to buy the time. It could be Subaru (like it was for a while) or it could be you.

A recent PCA club enduro and the Summit Point 12-hour enduro a couple years back both got SPEED airing because companies owned by competitors paid for production and bought commercials.

That's how television works.

K
 

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
Joined
·
1,633 Posts
>Probably different for Fuji. Most other parts of the world get
>a "different" ESPN (different alignments and broadcasting
>packages).
>
>ESPN is actually owned by ABC/Disney technically speaking...

Greenlight Television's shows, which include MaxPower, Motorsport Mundial, and a number of other products, all of which share footage, are broadcast to approximately 500 million homes worldwide according to their distribution list. This includes ESPN in many markets outside of the US. The 2005 USRC events are included in this coverage.
 
Joined
·
760 Posts
2005 International Rally New York on ESPN worldwide

>So there I was sitting on a tropical island in Fiji, watching
>ESPN last saturday hoping for some USC - UCLA updates and what
>were they showing instead???
>
> RIM 05, Rally 05 and a round of BRC. Nothing like a good Fiji
>Bitter after a surf session and 2hrs of rally on TV.
>
>:)
>
>-george

George,

I am familiar with the program, made by Greenlight TV of UK,
that shows the 2005 Rim, the 2005 International Rally New York
and a round of the British Rally Championship.

Would it be therefore true that what you call Rally 05 you watched
in Fiji was actually the 2005 International Rally New York?

Please advise.

Regards,

Ivan Orisek
International Rally New York
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts
RE: 2005 International Rally New York on ESPN worldwide

Hey i'm doing that tommorow! albeit at 1000' or so above sea level and in slightly chiller temps (15ish degees). damn i love to hate snow.
J
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top