Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this is true, a person could conceivably make a one race deal worth enough for the entire season with documented exposure like this...

I will have to assume this will not include 2wd...?

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
>I will have to assume this will not include 2wd...?
>
>JC

Does the X Games include "classes in any of its other events (other than probably "boys" and "girls")? But on the other hand, if you wanted to run a 2WD against the AWD (oops, I mean the Subies), why not?

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Y'know what? I would be willing to take on a few AWD's in the Burmeister Engineering built GNI Motorsports, Exotic Sportz, AMerican Concrete Golf. (practicing my sponsorship speak again).

It would definately define underdog...

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
Straight At "T"
297 Posts
>Very Interesting....First questions I have are how and who?

How? I don't understand the question really. It's going to be a short 6-stage rally with a super special. It doesn't "count" for anything other than it's the X Games Rally. The who part I do understand. There is a selection committee being formed to choose drivers, which is how X Games handles all of their participants as I understand it (invitation only). They're looking at it as a new sport for the X Games. I look at it rather as a big show to increase the awareness and popularity of rally. Sorta like a big commercial. The championship series will be aired on ESPN as well so there's a lot more exposure there than the sport has had in a long time.

Cheers,
-Doug

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This year's championship (Nationals) will be ESPN Doug?

IF so, this changes things for us maybe. (Cant let Sans get air time in G2)

:D

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
slow is slow....
792 Posts
Doug....are you or anyone else going to tell us who the "committee" is? I'd like to start bribing them early and often.....

Andrew Sutherland
UniversalRally.com

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
>There is a selection committee being formed to
>choose drivers, which is how X Games handles all of their
>participants as I understand it (invitation only). They're
>looking at it as a new sport for the X Games.

I wonder if Buffum will have enough appeal for the-games fans :)

·
Straight At "T"
297 Posts
>Doug....are you or anyone else going to tell us who the
>"committee" is? I'd like to start bribing them early and
>often.....
>
>Andrew Sutherland
>UniversalRally.com

I'm not sure all of the potential committee members even know who they are yet. But I like the way you're thinking... ;)

Cheers,
-Doug

P.S. - I'm not one of 'em

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
MFR

>Wonder if this had to do with moving Maine a week earlier?

We have a winner.

press on,

·
Straight At "T"
297 Posts
>This isn't rally. It is just another infomercial for the
>video game generation.
>
>YUCK!
>
>Just kill me now.

From a rallyist standpoint, you're absolutely correct Jens (except for the killing part). However, you'd be hard pressed to argue that this isn't going to be a huge boost in exposure for the sport and very well may be the avenue that lets some of the teams pick up some sponsorship money. I know you're of the opinion that publicity is bad, so I don't expect you to be happy about any of this, but it was either move forward or backward. We chose to push ahead instead of trying to hide. It remains for us to capitalize on the exposure this will create. We'll see how well we can do...

Cheers,
-Doug

·
Straight At "T"
297 Posts
>This year's championship (Nationals) will be ESPN Doug?
>
>IF so, this changes things for us maybe. (Cant let Sans get
>air time in G2)

Yes ESPN will be carrying the championship. How many shows and when has yet to be decided. There was some discussion on having a couple of shows air before the X Games, but that's just water cooler talk and who knows if it might happen that way or not.

Cheers,
-Doug

1 - 20 of 74 Posts