Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Immediate Release:

Entries Open for Rally New York 2004

Rally New York will be run on Saturday, April 17, 2004. It will start and finish in the town of Monticello, only 90 miles from New York City. The event will be the third round of the seven-event Eastern States Rally Championship, sanctioned by the National Auto Sport Association (NASA).

Entries are being accepted starting on March 1 (and will close April 12).

Information on the rally, including fees, entry forms, supplementary regulations and course/spectator maps, can be found at the rally?s web site, www.RallyNewYork.com. License applications and regulations can be downloaded from the NASA web site, www.nasarallysport.com.

The Rally New York organization is seeking workers to staff checkpoints and perform other functions vital to the running of the rally. Novices are welcome. For information on how to participate, go to www.RallyNewYork.com.

Spectators are welcome. The spectator guide is also available at www.RallyNewYork.com. Press and spectator information can also be obtained from Tom Barker, Publicity Officer, at [email protected].

760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brandon,

Best Western, Travel Inn, Raceway Motel, Ramada
and Kurcher's Country Club are ditectly
in Monticello. The first three are (almost)
a walking distance from Rally HQ.

I think that we have filled Monticello motels
by this time. Call them.

The next best option are a number of hotels in
Liberty, New York, which is located 10 miles
west of Monticello on Quickway - Route 17.

There are numerous other facilities from B&B
to luxury in the County within a few miles
of Monticello.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Mandatory Notes?

OK I'll ask, why mandatory notes, and if they are mandatory, why not just bump the price to include them?

If this were my first rally I'd be concerned that not only do I need to learn all the intricacies of rally, but I also now need to learn to work with notes.

Gary

·
Registered
129 Posts
>Brandon,
>
>Best Western, Travel Inn, Raceway Motel, Ramada
>and Kurcher's Country Club are ditectly
>in Monticello. The first three are (almost)
>a walking distance from Rally HQ.
>

There are openings and identical prices at Raceway and Travel Inn. Any reason to pick one over the other?

Thanks
Brandon

·
Straight @ "T"
188 Posts
I grew up in Monticello and was pleasently surprised to see that the roads that Ivan choose for RNY are the ones that I learned how to drive (and slide) on. The are all exceptional and the area is really quite beautiful!
Additionally if the accomodations in Monticello and Liberty are biiked you could probably find something in Port Jervis (about 15 miles south down route 42).
JamesB

·
codriveur
1,385 Posts
You really must have grown up in Monticello if you think Port Jervis is a place you want to refer people to. Would you want to tow a vehicle over Hawks Nest? :+ It would be a fun stage.

The roads are good choices, I'm looking forward to going fast on them legaly.

Bernie

·
Registered
129 Posts
Travel Inn is full as of this morning. I got a room at Raceway for $59. That will probably be filling up soon too, so hurry up if you want a room in town.

Brandon

·
Registered
240 Posts
Port Jervis puts you about 30 minutes from Paul Sr. and the boys of OCC. Been there done that and bought a shirt, but maybe others have not

·
codriveur
1,385 Posts
Then stay in Middletown, 20 min from OCC, the same distance from Monticello and unlike Port J they know the Bicentenial is over.:)

Bernie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts