Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this article and thought that it might be of interest here since I've seen alot of alternative to petrol discussions posted here...

Mitsu is entering their Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MIEV into a rally in Japan.

Interesting new in-wheel electric motors put out 50kW each....that totals up to about 268 AWD HP! And since they removed all the AWD drivetrain, engine, and fuel tank, seems like it might have come out a little lighter than a standard EVO.

Pretty interesting article. I'm looking forward to what Subaru will offer up as a competitor.

http://www.japanesecarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2050824.001

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
it weighs aboout 3400 pounds. so its not lighter but it is too much heavier.

if they built alternative fuel cars like this i may chnge my mind about rallying one.

the rally it is in is a electric car rally. it is not like a traditional gravel or tarmac rally.

here is a link to a teams adventures at the 98 rally:
http://www.gaura.com/ev/hiros/98shikoku/index_e.html

·
Registered
96 Posts
>Found this article and thought that it might be of interest
>here since I've seen alot of alternative to petrol discussions
>posted here...
>
>
>
nope. Only one interested is Jens. I believe you can contact him through freedom 55.

·
Registered
478 Posts
a fully electric vehicle with power to spare, and can stay running under hard driving all day would interest me.

hybrids do not interest me. biodiesel only interests me because it smells of french fries.

once i see that thing run a rally and manage to go at least to service without them having to take it easy so they don't drain the battery, then i will be impressed. which would be cool. i remember a jeep concept that came out a while back that used the same type of drive. 4 independent elec. motors, 1 per wheel. battery life wasn't great though, and if i remember right, it was a heavy lil sucker because of all the battery weight.

·
Registered
51 Posts
>>Found this article and thought that it might be of interest
>>here since I've seen alot of alternative to petrol
>discussions
>>posted here...
>>
>>
>>
>nope. Only one interested is Jens. I believe you can contact
>him through freedom 55.

There may be others, like myself, who are quietly interested in alternative fuel and "lower impact" motorsports. thanks for posting the article.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts