Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Start Flat 30k Finish
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From www.dailyf1.com :

Irvine blown away by rally ride

Eddie Irvine was bowled over by his experience in a World Rally car when he was taken for a ride in a Ford Focus WRC by former Champion Colin McRae late last week in the lead up to Rally Great Britain.

Irvine had asked Ford officials if he could experience the 300 horsepower machine from behind the wheel but as there was a risk he would crash the car, they preferred him to take the seat of McRae?s co-driver, Derek Ringer.

But he did not seem to mind.

?I've flown in fighter jets with the Red Arrows and been bounced around in super-quick powerboats but nothing compares to the experience of sitting alongside Colin,? Irvine beamed.

Irvine: ride in rally car "better than sex"

?It was truly awesome and in all honesty I have to confess the experience was better than sex. I have never felt so invigorated in my life. When we first set off, I wasn't sure whether I was enjoying it or not because I kept thinking to myself, ?This is madness!?.?

?I was just thankful when we stopped.?

Irvine, who was dropped by Jaguar after three years with the Milton-Keynes operation at the end of last season, said the experience was special enough from the passenger seat without driving.

?After witnessing the way Colin handled the car there was no point in me having a go because I would have been so far off the pace,? the 37-year-old explained. ?At times the car was completely airborne and at others we were sideways with the speedo touching 100mph (160 km/h). I knew Colin was good but he's certainly gone up in my estimation.

?I certainly have no intention of trying to become a professional rally driver!?

·
Start Flat 30k Finish
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I almost forgot about Comas, but I'll bet Winning Makes hasn't...

At Rallye de Quebec 2002 the organisers brought in the Quebecois F3000 and Indy driver Bertrand Godin, with good success as far as publicity and performance.

For Quebec 2003, it is rumoured that a current Canadian Champ car driver may be the guest, in, if the organisers are successful, a very, very interesting ride.

Hyundai in the US have the right idea.... As did Subaru by bringing Solberg to Rim... That was great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts