Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel the best way to get rid of unwanted spectators at non-spectating areas is by sending a Town or State police car down the stage before it is offically open. I think people will think twice when they see a cop car.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Whatever happened to the two guys that used to run POR (the brisk TSD) in the 90s in a retired police car....full paint job, light bar, the works. Maybe they could run as Car 0???

·
Registered
84 Posts
As soon as he is gone, the people will move. There is no way to contain spectators in the open woods. Therefore, we must educate the fans so they know where they can get great views without being in grave danger. Start at the root of the problem.

I haven't seen much in the way of spectator warnings in the spectator directions on websites. Instead of directions on a website, there should be a message saying the spectators must show up at Rally HQ to sign a waiver and get instructions before they will get a copy of spectator viewing locations.

When all else fails, put up barriers like in CM3 or RallySport. I haven't injured a spectator yet and I drive like crap.:7

·
Registered
44 Posts
ah yes, the blues brothers running through the woods would strike fear in me. I think having more spectator areas is part of a livable solution.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ohh i completely agree on more spectator areas. But, if a law enforcement officer would run the stage before the zero car and tell people to move, that could help. The cop could tell people either they move or get arrested.

·
Registered
84 Posts
They move, cop drives off, they come back. I speed, I see cop, I slow down, I pass, I speed up. It will never work.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, thanks for the info. Just thought it might be an idea. I totally agree on people coming back after the cop drove off.

·
Registered
280 Posts
spectator should be scared for the good reason...not by cops. ooo...no whaite that mite be good promotion if cops go's to rally maybe we would se it on the "Cops" Tv show ? LOL

i understand that your trying to find a solutions its good..its not so bad as a idea?....but i just dont think it would work.....

its just like wen we were kids...hanging out in the street doing nothing wrong realy...then some old people got scared of us becose we ad green air and call the cops...cops trye to arest us...and oups...there gos a riat....

i can just imagine the rain of beer botle bin trow at the cops car in a stage at Charlevoix rally ....LOL....that would cancell the event for shure...

Alain Lavoie
24Rallyteam
http://www.abikeonline.com/24rallyteam/

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Hi all,

You're all WAY off base .... the best solution would be to fit all rally cars with flame throwers designed to "prevent" car-jacking. Please see attached links :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/232777.stm

http://www.hotbimmer.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2297

Of course, they USFS may have something to say about this, but with some creative engineering, I'm sure a few of the kinks could be worked out. H3ll, with enough design effort, I'm sure we could invent some type of combination anti-lag / spectator frier. Tri-tip spectator BBQ for all at the finish ...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hahaha hell yea, now that would get the spectators attention. All i can think of saying is "Honey, lunch is ready!" lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts