Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
Boy, that is so close. I can't wait to see it. It certainly shows how you *could* make a movie about rally.

·
Registered
240 Posts
As Pablo Francisco would say, "Action... One Man, One Way, Desire..."

This movie looks really good, much better than Driven. Let's hope the desire stays in the desert and not with the opposite sex.

·
Registered
483 Posts
THis is one of Bruce Brown's sone's movies I think... we need to get him involved (his son, Bruce is already involved as a competitor) and have this move made. I know that SCORE soes a much better job of running its series but this is one of the causes, not an effect. THe film appears to bave been shot at the Baja 1000, which probably draws more spectators that all of the ProRally series combined, so I still don't know how financially feasable a US rally movie would be (unless you are ALL winning to pre-pay a couple hundred $ for a copy). certainly a WRC level move would work... Hmmm, maybe a US movie could work if it was done really well (i.e. By one of the Browns) and it was marketed in europe...

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
That trailer looked freakin sick !

If they can make a trailer, and hopefully movie, that awesome from the Baja 1000 (an awesome event in its own right), just think what they could do with the Dakar !!!

Most of a Dakar movie would probably be lost on most Americans though since the general public don't know the central characters in the Dakar i.e. US movie public wants to root for their favourite Indy / Nascar / whatever driver.

Some of the cinematogrophy shots on the trailer look really awesome e.g. the time lapse shots, the multiple helos flying, the lights flashing on the cacti etc. And I bet the owner of that motorhome was well chuffed when that competitor tagged it on the way past !

Looking forward to seeing the movie when it comes out !

·
Registered
907 Posts
Yahn Dana did this movie he also did Step into Liquid. Now we need Bruce to talk Dana into doing a rally movie.

-g

·
R6 300 FOC!
1,513 Posts
There is a rally movie in the works for 2005. The producers went over to Monte this year to have a meeting with ISC to discuss the rights to shoot WRC. Also, they plan to shoot canadian and US stuff. I don't know much in the way of details...but there are definately people looking into the idea.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not only bandwidth but you need a pretty fast computer to even watch that. The specs on the site say 2.2Ghz or better and thet're not kidding...

The move looks like it should be pretty good though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts