Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the going price for DOM per foot for say 1-1/2"X.095? I know location has something to do with it but I'm located in the middle of nowhere and was wondering if I'm being taken or not. Thanks

·
Registered
426 Posts
I paid $4.09/foot CDN, which translates to about $2.50/foot US. I'd imagine it would probably be easier to get in nowhere USA than it is in Canada.

Oops, forgot to mention that was for 1.75" x 0.120"

·
Registered
527 Posts
$2-$3 per foot is average. More than $3 a foot is not a good deal, unless maybe that includes delivery.
CP
Desert Storm Rally
A2 Jetta #305

·
Registered
17 Posts
Depends on what you need and how many odd lengths your willing to take. Under $2.00 a foot from Dillsburg Aeroplane Works (run a google search, they don't have a website, but he'll turn up anyway). He's a bit grumpy, only call him if you KNOW exactly what you want... He's not inclined to gab on about sizes etc.

-Justin

·
Registered
163 Posts
>What's the going price for DOM per foot for say 1-1/2"X.095?

You might find a local equipment manufacturer that purchases lots of material from a mill and be able to sweet talk them into buying the stuff for you so you can get their discounts. I did it with the company I used to work for and then with a friends company.

BTW make sure you are allowed to use the .095 wall tube in your application. The rules have gotten a little confusing here and I could be wrong but I don't thing you can use .095 in anything but a Club rally car any more since there is a maximum weight restriction for that size tube and all Pro cars must now weigh more than that amount.

Bradney A. Boli
Over Exposure Racing
Honda Accord #311

1 - 7 of 7 Posts