Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I missed it, But I don't think I heard why/how the following DNFed?

Doug Shepherd
Matthew Iorio
Pete Lahm
 

·
I am not here anymore
Joined
·
2,798 Posts
>Maybe I missed it, But I don't think I heard why/how the
>following DNFed?
>
>Doug Shepherd
>Matthew Iorio
>Pete Lahm

Doug put a hole in some engine or cooling component or something.

Matthew drove his car way off the road. They still might be trying to extract it.

Pete Lahm ripped the rear suspension off.

alan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
If the crew would tell us why they DNF'd we put it in the updates.
We currently don't have a reason for the DNF's in the results but we are working on them.
go to the Rally-America.com forums and enter in your wish list for what you want on the web site. Heck we're not busy at all and have lots of time to make changes. :)

But seriously now. A lot of the crews do not come and tell us why they DNF'd so right now there is not much point in adding a field in the results to show why someone DNF'd.
 

·
Faster Mabricator
Joined
·
3,611 Posts
>What, does his program have some sort of DNF Telepathy
>module?

No. I think a little bird tells him.
 

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
Joined
·
997 Posts
>>Maybe I missed it, But I don't think I heard why/how the
>>following DNFed?
>>
>>Doug Shepherd - Found out why "Chads yump" ain't so good for landing on the nose - and yes, pushed a bolt or two into the rad.

>>Pete Lahm - High centered w/ some damage to the suspension
(just a bit too much to continue)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
>Matthew drove his car way off the road. They still might be
>trying to extract it.

Yeah, emphasis on way off the road. Actually after he went in a Club car took the same path, although sweep got him out on the first pass, and he drove out of the stage. Matt's car had to wait til later in the night. The car looked pretty good from what I could see from the road, I think the small trees broke the fall.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
>>What, does his program have some sort of DNF Telepathy
>>module?
>
>No. I think a little bird tells him.

Apparently the Rally America folks are lacking in ornithology...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,246 Posts
bruce what would the lease fee be for all the teams to have carrier pidgeons in each car?

they could be easily trained to find the big white truck.

just make sure not to park it too close to the cox family hauler or they will end up like all the codrivers friday night accidentally atracted to the bright lights.
 

·
which left?
Joined
·
1,621 Posts
>>Matthew drove his car way off the road. They still might be
>>trying to extract it.
>
>Yeah, emphasis on way off the road. Actually after he went
>in a Club car took the same path, although sweep got him out
>on the first pass, and he drove out of the stage. Matt's
>car had to wait til later in the night. The car looked
>pretty good from what I could see from the road, I think the
>small trees broke the fall.

Check:

http://www.specialstage.com/forum/cgi-bin/DCForumID19/394.html

--
Mark Holden
KC0SUW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,383 Posts
>>>
>>>Doug Shepherd - Found out why "Chads yump" ain't so good for landing on the nose - and yes, pushed a bolt or two into the rad.
>
>

Is that what happened? I was at the jump right before he came through and the cars were not catching much air at all. when Doug came through and pulled off into the spectator area (which was maybe 150 yards from the jump), the car behind him had just about caught him, which made me think the problem happened before the jump, no?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I would never DNF at 'Chad's Yump'. I had my episode about 1.5 miles previously, and it came from understeering into a bank on a L3, downhill.

By the way, contrary to legend Chad did not jump further and harder when he DNF'd, he had just built a trick new suspension arm that bound and failed a heim joint in full rebound when it 'over angled'.

But the 'longest ever' jump makes a better (fiction) story !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,383 Posts
>I would never DNF at 'Chad's Yump'. I had my episode about
>1.5 miles previously, and it came from understeering into a
>bank on a L3, downhill.
>


ah, ha! I knew it had to have happened much earlier

Do I get a cookie?:+
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,246 Posts
RE: DNFs at OFPR? HIJACKED

only a little there is some good info up top. its just us bottom feeders draging it down.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top