Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've been doing quite a bit of research, the more I read the more I realize there are a lot of options. I have a stock MY02 WRX wagon that I use in the winter for ice racing with Hakka 7 (next year Hakka 8) studded street snows. With the open front diff and very old viscous rear I get inside wheel spin, ranging from mild to crippling depending on the conditions and the corner. So what are the better options for low traction situations? There should be no situations where any wheel is ever off the ground, so a torsen front diff seem appealing to me.

I really enjoy the balance the car has now: very easy to rotate the car predictably, I rarely get so out of sorts that I can't recover. So I'm concerned about upsetting that balance. Obviously the rear diff is easiest to swap out, but this is where my lack of experience comes in, if I put an LSD in the rear and leave everything else stock, what kind of change in behavior should I expect? I'm willing to consider an upgraded front diff as well, that route would involve picking up another transmission (probably something with RA gears) and having the diff install professionally. I've heard people say to start with the center but I really struggle to see that as the weak link in the system.

This is a hobby, so cost is a consideration. The car is street driven to/from events and used as a beater in the off season, so it needs to be a streetable solution.

Thanks!
Paul

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Both bars are on the car, the front has been run connected and disconnected, I really couldn't feel much difference. The stock bars are small, and the end links very sloppy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.