Special Stage Forums banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I love doing dead lifts, and clean and presses. Great exercises! you are right form is key, bad form and pushing had with dead lifts can jack your back.

but good form and lower weight can actually help a sore back to recover faster. (as long as there is no sharp shooting pain, I've done with on a "sore" back and felt back to 100% 2-3 days later)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone reading my response, take it with a grain of salt because I have not driven a rally stage:

but, I feel eating habits are the same everywhere.

no sugary drinks, you'd be AMAZED at how much better you feel physically and mentally once cutting soda. You'll slim a few pounds as well.
fried foods. I love fried foods but come on, we all know they're bad. they've got the bad sort of cholesterol in them, save these as a weekend treat.
PORTIONS! We Americans love our generous portions, but in reality the human stomach is no more than the size of your fist, instead of eating a double cheeseburger, eat a single one. PACE YOURSELF WHILE EATING, it takes 20 minutes for your body to recognize it's full.

a big one: Don't eat out of boredom. Some times, you just want something good to eat, but you've got to recognize and tell yourself "Wait, I'm not actually hungry, I just want to eat something."

combine all of these together and at the very least you should easily maintain your current weight. Cardio is the best way to lose weight.

Remember that the human body also has 2 types of muscles, fast-twitch and slow-twitch. try types of exercise to give your fast twitch muscles a real work out since these are the types of muscles your body will be using during rally.

Exercise means nothing without the right food groups. grains, veggies, fruits, and meats. DON'T GO OVERBOARD WITH THE MEAT, again, I know it's part of our American culture to devour meat by the truck load, but Meat is not as wholesome as one would think. Have you ever seen a fat vegetarian? (Don't answer that, I'm sure there are plenty out there)

That's my .2

EDIT: By the way, I see a lot of people talking about dieting a week before the actual rally. If you want REAL results you sort of have to adapt a healthy eating, exercising and sleeping pattern as part of your life style. It's ok to take a day or two off once every couple of weeks, but If you want serious results you need to be serious about your habits.

EDIT: A good habit to get into: walk to McDonalds instead of driving, cut your losses. I know this might not be possible for some people, but it helps.

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
I hate running. I've started playing soccer and I have to say it's by far the best workout I've ever gotten and I don't even notice that I'm getting a work out because I'm having so much fun.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Really just about any activity will do as long as you are getting that heart rate up.
I totally stink at Racquetball, which results in my running twice as much as anyone who is good at it. The more activity, the more likely your core will stay strong, allowing you to take the abuse a little easier. Anyone who's profession doesn't involve sitting at a desk for more than an hour a day, has a good head start over the desk jockies.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts