Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am kinda reading through the pick a winner for snodrift thread, and had seen Shepherd in a mitsu for Open class, but is there a story there other than him not wanting to run 2wd at SD?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Doug hasn't run the Eclipse since 2002 at LSPR I believe. I'm guessing that he's dusting off the cobwebs and he's looking for a possible overall win. Don't forget that he almost won STPR 2000 with that car against some VERY tough competition. The last S*D he ran with it (Mud*Drift 2002) he was in the top five near the end even after taking down the bottom half of a tree (Ramana got the top half) on the Lockwood Lake stage on Day 1. He lost a bunch of time, but rebounded. Don't count him out.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
From another thread posted by Uncle Joe:

I voted for ACP, but the real winners are all the competitors, organizers, and workers who still have a place to play. P.S. I didn't vote for Doug because the Eclipse is not ready, so he'll be driving the SRT4.

He'll be in the SRT!!!

Jerry

·
Registered
924 Posts
well if Stig is going to be running that about wraps up the season, but the battle for second place will sure be interesting!! Actually I have faith that some of our N.American drivers wil give him a good fight.
Jtree

·
Registered
479 Posts
Stig is a world champ and everything, but he's not that agressive and has never done the event. Any hotshoe with local knowledge and a competitive car has a decent chance of beating him. I would almost guarantee he'll finish though. Others won't finish by trying to beat him. Should be interesting. I wish I could have gone. Oh well, chalk up another year of disappointment. Good luck to everyone!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts