Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much consideration, debate, and painful discussion, the organizers of the Desert Storm Rally have opted to apply for sanctioning with the SCCA. This is not a sudden change, but has been in the works for several weeks now.

Without going into full detail, we deduced that it would now be less expensive for the inaugural running of the Desert Storm Rally if it were sanctioned and insured by the SCCA as a Coefficient 2 ClubRally.

The Desert Storm Rally will be a SoPac points event as well as a California Rally Series Rally Sprint points event.

Please do not take this to say that there is anything wrong with NASA. This is a business-oriented decision that we had to make in a short period of time.

Hope to see you all there...early entry deadline is February 29th. You can get an entry form at www.desertstormrally.com and you can pay your entry fee online!

Sue Robinson at the SCCA's Rally Department has extended the "First-Event-Free" offer for NASA license holders to apply to the Desert Storm Rally & Sprint as well.

Please contact me if you have any questions. [email protected]

[hr]
CP
[hr]

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Good job Chris.

I know the effort you are putting in. It's very refreshing to see SCCA's sincere involvement in Club events again. Thank you Sue.

I am burning the midnight oil to get the new car ready for Desert Storm. UPS FedEX and DHL will probably start using my address as a reference point for their drivers I get boxes and packages on a daily basis.

Again congrats and thanks buddy.

Cheers

M.Samli

·
Registered
17 Posts
Somebody help! I'm confused!(big surprise) This event was going to be my 1st event as a competitor, including my co-driver. We were going to purchase our NASA liscences at the event. Since we don't have these yet, are we now required to pay for SCCA membership and a competitors liscence?(something like $160) And what is the FIRST-EVENT-FREE deal? HELP!!!

·
The Scorpion King
678 Posts
>Somebody help! I'm confused!(big surprise) This event was
>going to be my 1st event as a competitor, including my
>co-driver. We were going to purchase our NASA liscences at
>the event. Since we don't have these yet, are we now
>required to pay for SCCA membership and a competitors
>liscence?(something like $160) And what is the
>FIRST-EVENT-FREE deal? HELP!!!

As a first time competitor, all you will be required to purchase will be an SCCA membership (as you would have to with NASA). You can either do that at the event, or beforehand. Please contact Chris or myself via e-mail (links are on the rally homepage), and we can go over the specifics. Better yet, e-mail me your phone number and I will give you a call.

--
John

·
L6 500 R6
204 Posts
Chris, it appears that SOPAC is dead. As you know, the only mention of it at the CRS banquet was that "the SCCA representitive was not on hand and their would be no SCCA SOPAC awards." I have made attempts to contact Brad and even CC'd Sue Robinson with zero response.

Regardless of sanctioning, you can count us in...

·
Registered
907 Posts
I don't think SoPac is dead, there were only 2 events last year.
I would have represented the SCCA if I could but had to attend the
SCCA convention on the same weekend.

Lets hope we can have a meaningfull championship in 04
-george

·
Registered
61 Posts
>Chris, it appears that SOPAC is dead. As you know, the only
>mention of it at the CRS banquet was that "the SCCA
>representitive was not on hand and their would be no SCCA
>SOPAC awards." I have made attempts to contact Brad and
>even CC'd Sue Robinson with zero response.
>
>Regardless of sanctioning, you can count us in...

Bill (and everyone else) I too was disapointed in the lack of Sopac awards at the CRS banquet. Since I have not talked to Brad,I will not presume or say anything regarding his absence.I will tell you that I talked to Sue today(via e-mail) and she assured me that SCCA has funds for the awards.She is sending me a check,and as soon as I get the standings figured out,I will do what needs to be done..
Pat McMahon

P.S. Let's all give Chris credit for coming up with a new event and not spoil it by making it a NASA vs. SCCA issue ...

·
Registered
71 Posts
The entire Rally Department (Sue and I) are pleased with Chris' decision to allow SCCA to sanction and insure his event. We are planning on attending the rally both in support roles and as competitors. If you have any questions or suggestions on how we can help make the event better let us know. We both are looking forward to seeing our CRS friends in Arizona.
Doug

·
Registered
276 Posts
chris,
If I can get the car ready by then. It will be a perfect test before Oregon. Looks like you found some pretty cool roads.
I hope I could be there.
Stephan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts