Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a long shot, but would anyone have an old STPR route in DeLorme Street Atlas format. I'd like to do a little advance planning for once.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have the stages from previous years highlighted in my DeLorme PA atlas, plus notes on places I have spectated in past years. I am on Long Island and will be at STPR Friday evening, staying at the Penn-Wells. I usually end up with several people following me out to the stages, so e-mail me at [email protected] if you want to look at my atlas before the event. -Andrew B. Smith

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
We've gotten around just fine for the past 9 years using the map on the program. It's not that good, but we're able to find our way. I know you've gone many times and also probably remember some of the roads.

Anyway, I basically sit in the front of the TV watching Bogert's roof cam tape with the official program maps on my lap, following the stage and marking off cool spots and finding ways to get there. That's my pre-planning.

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
29 Posts
its a lot easier if u just head up here to wellsboro a week or 2 b4 the rally and just drive the whole coarse and ear mark places w/a colored flag or ribbon on the tree then when u go there untie the ribbon and all is good.ive used the past 2 yrs programs to determine the coarse. highly doubtful they will change much but u can get a program on friday at noon at the church and u still have plenty of time to drive most if not all the stages.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Not everyone lives quite that close... For me it's about 4 hours to get up there and I live inside the state.

Winkie: Are you replying to my post or Bob's post, can't quite tell :)

See you out on the green or at the stages!
(and if you see me at the green, say hi and discuss spectating spots with me please :D)

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
29 Posts
alex wouldnt know u if i saw ya. look 4 me on friday im working the practice stage. i drive a gti blue loud! come intro urself.
weve prob seen each other b4

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Look for a dark guy, and lighter dark guy around 6 foot. (Fine, I'm 5'11", close enough..) My dad is the darker one, I'm the lighter one and I'm 15. I haven't seen many teenagers or Africans at STPR, so we're a little hard to miss. Of course, it's nice for me since people can pick me out of a crowd and say hi, makes my life easier...

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I haven't seen many
>teenagers or Africans at STPR, >Alex

Come on now Alex. Haven't you been around the green when all the prom dates are getting their pictures taken. Lots of teenagers
;-)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've created a map of the STPR 2002 stages in DeLorme Street Atlas 5.0 format. If anyone would like a copy, let me know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts