Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
I hope he does cross paths with Ms. Harding. She would kick his a$$ in a heartbeat if he ran his mouth.

I would pay to see it.

Matt Manspeaker
Seattle, WA USA
89 323GTX - Open

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
>I hope he does cross paths with Ms. Harding. She would kick
>his a$$ in a heartbeat if he ran his mouth.
>
>I would pay to see it.
>
>Matt Manspeaker
>Seattle, WA USA
>89 323GTX - Open

Coming soon on FOX...

Good thing most rally cars don't have hubcaps.

Ben

·
Registered
583 Posts
>he has come to beat up all the Specialstage
>contributors that said horroble things about his tantrum at
>the RAC..........:p

Guys..Guys,

I like Delecour. He often lets out a primal yell when shifting, and sometimes pounds on his steering wheel to make his car go faster just like I do (did). :+

Rich Smith

Vive le Pro-le-Ralliat

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jamie,
Why don't you take her as a co-driver.
Please remove all the pipe from inside before doing that?

jerry

·
Registered
590 Posts
Maybe you can launch a new career on 'celebrity boxing'

I'll hand you the water bottle between rounds if you want.

;)

Matt Manspeaker
Seattle, WA USA
89 323GTX - Open

·
Registered
868 Posts
My wife & I spoke to him about the growing US rally scene when we met him in Kenya (July 2001). At that point, he was not aware that we had any rallies in the US. He is a friendly guy and a very passionate competitor. We've all seen great sports guys vent frustration, so we shouldn't be so surprised by what happened at the rally of GB. The last 15 months have been by far the worst of his career, but I'd love to see him in the US. Of course his best surface is tarmac though.

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
RE: Delecour in USA that would be cool!

Hey Dave, I have followed Delacour for years and was at Monte Carlo in 93 and the guys is intense, I say look at his name ferchristsakes
de le cour, of the heart.
Could it be otherwise with a name like that?

I have read some long interviews and he says his surface is slick surface, he did his apprenticship pounding street cars around at night on icy roads, so the slicker the better he said.

All you people writing non-sense about his temper have never, ever been under 1/100 the pressure that being near the top of the whole world in your chosen sport puts you.
I would say drive a stage in his boots before you critisize.

Try and imagine.

I've seen a certain Sub-a-rat driver making a half hour long continous rant, amusing for 10 minutes, because she wasn't shown on TV despite tha fact that she was near dead last in the event.......

And Tonya would kick most of your ässes.
Again,TOP OF THE WORLD, too much pressure.
Get real.

I would welcome the intensity Delecour would bring, an actual personality, rather than the dull domestic "talent" we now are saddled with who mumble and can't look up from the floor. Sheeesh..

John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

·
Registered
630 Posts
RE: Delecour in USA that would be cool!

Francois' little tirade at rally GB was not all that pretty, but what I do really like about him is last year when he was with Ford and he hurt his wrist in a mountain bike crash, he just said "gimme a cortazone shot a lets race". He winched every time he hit the shifter, but kept going. He seems to be made of tougher stuff than some of the other drivers.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
France has its own culture - it is very hard for me to understand it as I a product of American Culture, that is just the way it is.

Knowing the above I do not think I can or should make any judgements about Delecour's outbursts.

I rather like the man and hope he gets to do a few rallys in 2003. I would like to see him win one more WRC event before he retires - he has been so close so many times over the last 3 years. I think his last win was back in the early 90's.

By the way I love to travel in France, they have a passion for life and the things that bring enjoyment to it witch is missing from a lot of American culture. Good Food, Good Drink, Good Health, Good Sex...

Derek Bottles

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Las Vegas and and the culture is going to be relativly short distance?}> ...after hard days of testing;-)

Jerry

Beautiful Arches National Park can be a good weekend escape for McRae and his bike :9

1 - 18 of 18 Posts