Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone back from day 1 of Defi with stories?

I see from the results

Erickson and McGeer tied for first
Sprongls a bit off the pace by 30 secs (but this not unusual)
Pilon's doing very well in a P4 car

but .....

What happened to our Albertan - Gord Olsen?
and ACP is way down?

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
Gord - heard a pulley came loose making the FI and ignition go wacky.
ACP told me he went wide and broke a caliper, had to use the HB on the next stage.
I lost a nut on a big suspension bolt LR, when it made enough space by wearing the rim, it backed off enough to give some extreme rear steer. The axle pulled out and the car stopped.
I McGivored it to get back to the finish and it fell back out pulling into service, good thing I didn't go back to full speed (wouldn't have mattered anyway).
Great roads with serious consequences, not baby roads like Ojibwe or STPR (I'll get letters).
Had a good time but too many good cars finished for me to do well in the standings even without the failure but, who cares, I got to drive the roads and share them with a great bunch of competitors, organizers, workers and rabid fans.
rz

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
>Had a good time but too many good cars finished for me to do
>well in the standings even without the failure but, who
>cares, I got to drive the roads and share them with a great
>bunch of competitors, organizers, workers and rabid fans.

Randy:

It was nice to meet you at the rally. Tough luck on the last stage.

Your comments about the competitors, organizers, workers and fans are so true. The rally format and presentation were excellent. Everyone seemed to have a great time.

At the finish in Duhamel, it was great to see all the teams and crews relaxing and enjoying themselves. Hopefully, pictures of ACP's cross-dressing service crew members will show-up on the forum!

Doug Woods

P.S. I have to say something about the excellent scoring system. As a spectator, I was able to walk into the public scoring area and get printed results within a minute. Also, I was able to sit down at the provided computer terminals and scan the stage and overall scores, which were updated within moments of the teams checking into the control.

·
Registered
378 Posts
>At the finish in Duhamel, it was great to see all the teams
>and crews relaxing and enjoying themselves. Hopefully,
>pictures of ACP's cross-dressing service crew members will
>show-up on the forum!

Oh my: this must happen!!

>Doug Woods
>
>P.S. I have to say something about the excellent scoring
>system. As a spectator, I was able to walk into the public
>scoring area and get printed results within a minute. Also,
>I was able to sit down at the provided computer terminals
>and scan the stage and overall scores, which were updated
>within moments of the teams checking into the control.
>
>
>

Jean-Georges Marcotte is the man -- doesn't get any better.

-Isaac

·
600 /CR !!! R2>
450 Posts

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
Jeremy, did you and Joan need a ladder to get down to the ground?
---
ACP's crew just changed into their street clothes, I don't know what the fuss is all about.
---
Piotr has some pics at www.rallyplanet.com including a sequence of the Pilons' demise.
rz

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
>
>Doug Woods
>
>P.S. I have to say something about the excellent scoring
>system. As a spectator, I was able to walk into the public
>scoring area and get printed results within a minute. Also,
>I was able to sit down at the provided computer terminals
>and scan the stage and overall scores, which were updated
>within moments of the teams checking into the control.
>
>

I have to agree .... sitting here half way across the country watching it all unfold.

Everyone write CARS and suggest they put Jean-Georges in the budget for ALL the events next year!

Shawn Bishop

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
I was there co-driving for Steve Walkington who is in a close race with Scott Comens for the P3 Championship.

The recce went pretty well, but I had a hard time getting it together Friday night and our stage times weren't so good. We ended the night back in 44th overall, but ahead of Scott by a few seconds.

Saturday went better. We seemed to hook up on the notes and opened the gap to Scott. Then again, Vittorio Bares in the SVT Focus was opening a gap on us, but he wasn't eligible for CARS points (though a class win would have been nice). Scott dropped out with a driveline problem, so we could just concentrate on maximizing point. Gerard Seguin caught us a bit on B-4, but we had a good cushion going into the last stage. Until the flat, that is ...

We went wide to avoid a car stopped on stage and struck a rock (just a glancing hit). We thought we had dodged a bullet on that one until the car started handling funny and we stopped on stage to change the tire. The delay was more than enough to let Seguin pass us in the results and he took second in P3.

It was a very nice event (but it didn't hurt my feelings that the tarmac stages were cancelled) and I thank the organizers and workers for their efforts. I also thank Steve for giving me a chance to ride with him.

alan perry

·
Registered
40 Posts
Special thanks to Randy Zimmer and his co-driver for stopping by and helping us out of the little ditch we were stuck in... I owe you one big time Randy !

Maybe it would have been better if I had stayed there though, that way I would not have rolled my car...

Julien Pilon
Lachute Subaru

·
Registered
149 Posts
well aside from having a total blast the entire weekend !!!! my co- driver & I are still laughing at the two ?? people who "mooned" us on the friday nite stage in St.Agathe !!!!... I went by ...looked... then busted out laughing and almost put the wagon into a rock wall on the other side of the road ...RABID RALLYE FANS for sure!!!! hahaha also the other tidbit I can relay was the winning of the Last Ditch Racing "Thong" award for the novice teams...as one who can attest to the "usefulness" of the womans thong, when presented with one as an award I was filled with all kinds of emotions hehe!!! a special thanks John Cassidy & Dave Getchell who obviously have the right frame of mind to be rally people!

Steve.

·
Registered
378 Posts
>Special thanks to Randy Zimmer and his co-driver for
>stopping by and helping us out of the little ditch we were
>stuck in... I owe you one big time Randy !
>
>Maybe it would have been better if I had stayed there
>though, that way I would not have rolled my car...
>
>Julien Pilon
>Lachute Subaru

Tough luck, Julien!

I'm sure you've seen: http://www.rallyplanet.com/?pid=14955

Tough luck, but amazing photos. And hey: better upside-down than boring, right -- especially on the spectator corner! Hate to see you two out of the race, but your are now Officially Heroes to about 50 more people who watched that happen in front of their noses.

See you at Charlevoix...

-Isaac | [email protected]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts