Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Old-skool!
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I want to run Defi-St Agathe, but I can't find english info.
Sorry, my French is still nonexistant.
When is the close of entry at regular price?
Which is the the headquarter hotel?
Thanks,
Ted Mendham

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>Hi,
>I want to run Defi-St Agathe, but I can't find english info.
>Sorry, my French is still nonexistant.
>When is the close of entry at regular price?
>Which is the the headquarter hotel?
>Thanks,
>Ted Mendham

Ad Julien said, the info is currently non-existant. I'm hoping to see supp regs shortly (since they were supposed to be available to competitors a week ago - required by the rulebook).

If you are looking for accomodation, there is a list on the Ste. Agathe website (linked off the Defi website), but aside from that...

It should be a lot of fun. I ran just over half of it last year before we let the oil escape :(.

Adrian
[email protected]

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
Regs arrived in the mail yesterday:

Registration, tech, ceremonial start in Ste. Agathe on Friday, followed by two spectator stages in the Mont-Tremblant area.

Saturday is 5 stages around Duhamel, followed by the awards (also in Duhamel). The rally appears to end some 100km from where it starts. Total rally distance 400km with 156km of stages.

Excluding the spectator stage, the rally appears to use only three stage roads, all in the 30km (18mi) length range. The two that are used twice are probably the same ones as last year (which were great stages).

The reccomended hotel is the Comfort Inn (Mont-Tremblant), which is where Friday night ends. $105CDN per night. I'm sure you can find something cheaper in Ste Agathe if you want to (I did), but its 20-25 minutes away.

Entry for the national is $480CDN ($300US) before August 26.

Adrian

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>So Adrian
>are you saying that the rally
>is not based out of St Agathe
>this year..
>Should I not book a room at the same hotel as last year?
>
>Brian

Looks like it. The only things that seem to be happening in Ste. Agathe are reg, tech, and the start. Even if you stay in Mont-Tremblant/St. Jovite, its still 70km from the finish party to your hotel. I doubt if there is any serious amount of accomodation in Duhamel, though.

Adrian

·
Registered
26 Posts
Duhamel is more cottage country... Its right beside Lac Simon (http://www.lacsimon.com/lacsim/).... I didn't attend the 2001 event but it's pretty close to my house (about 50 minutes away)...

St-Agathe is north of Montreal while Duhamel is north east of Ottawa...

For ST-agathe, there's lots and lots of lodging since it's the heart of the ski resorts....
http://www.sainte-agathe.org/

This place is pretty nice and it's close to Duhamel (about 15kms if I remember right)....

http://www.cvirtuel.com/aubergeviceroy/

Robin
National Capital Subaru Club
www.ottawasubaru.com

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
It is similar to last year except that the nearest stages to Ste. Agathe are in the Mont-Tremblant region, and there is no reason to go anywhere near Ste. Agathe after the start. There doesn't appear to be any pressing reason to stay closer to Ste. Agathe than Mont-Tremblant/St. Jovite, especially since the overnight halt appears to be in Mont-Tremblant and the majority of the rally in Duhamel.

Adrian

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well that's too bad that they've moved things out of St.Agathe -- that's a great little town. On the other hand, the truck out to Duhamel last year took *forever* and the little caravan of service barges that I was in the middle of was driving about three times the speed limit just to get to service before our cars. So while I have no idea why they've moved the HQ/focus of the rally a little closer to Duhamel, I think it's prolly a good idea.

Isaac in Cambridge

1 - 11 of 11 Posts