Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE November 29, 2004

David Sutton, World Rally Legend Attending Ramada Express International Rally USA Dec 9-12
Champion Competitor, Author, World Rally Team Owner

LAUGHLIN, NV- David Sutton Cars has received many accolades and awards in it's time. The most prestigious award ever received is the title of World Rally Champions, and to be the only private team to have ever won this event makes it even more remarkable. American Rally Sport Group, Inc, (ARSG) is please to have Mr. David Sutton, a legendary figure in the world of rallying, attending the Rally Events Weekend and the Ramada Express International Rally USA December 9-12. in Laughlin, Nevada

Originally, David Sutton Motorsport was formed exclusively to manage and operate activities on behalf of Audi Sport UK. During many exiting years, they recorded no less than seventeen international victories with their awesome cars. Eleven of these cars are among the display of historic and rally cars in the David Sutton Rally Museum in Northants, England.

Following total disaster when the team was wiped out by the first Gulf War, he was able to successfully rebuild his operations. David Sutton Cars Limited continues the rally tradition with successful competition of Subaru Group N cars in the World Championship. His life story is told in a recently released book, The Choice of Champions-David Sutton .

Mr. Sutton will be a guest speaker at the Sunday evening Rally Awards Presentation following the completion of the Ramada Express International Rally USA December 12.

·
Registered
366 Posts
It would be really fun to see and talk with Mr Sutton. I now wish our plans had not changed even more and that we were going to Ramada Express Rally!
I suggest those that do attend have a nice conversation with this man.:-(

·
Registered
93 Posts
Its great that Ray has such a legend of rally attending a event here in the USA. I meet him at Wild West this year he could teach us all a thing about rallying.Hope everyone from Evergreen Rally Group has a Great time down there I will be thinking about you guys:)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I was fortunate enough to have spent time with the three men in the picture.

Saturday we had a small gathering in the service area, and they were kind enough to stop by and visit.

All three of them are class acts.

Tony Chavez

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
BTW I'm sorry I didn't have time to visit anyone else in service or just say hi to more people, I had to fit my brief trip in between work and a family thing on Sunday.

Due to a variety of circumstances, I didn't get to see many cars in action Saturday but the company made up for it.

That Diamond Creek stage is fantastic!

Glenn

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sorry we didn't get to meet. Yup, Diamond Creek is a hoot! It's one of my Ramada Favorites. The second run through was a little hairy, though. We started fifth and there was already plenty of dust hanging in the air. I can't imagine what it was like for those that followed us as the night air cooled and the dust got thicker.

Abel

·
L3> over crest, drops!
647 Posts
A bit dicey with the dusky sunset.. Still a very fun stage. Congrats on your great first outing in the car.;) Nice meeting you on Fri.

It was great listening to Mr. Sutton speak at the awards ceremony. Mr. Sutton has got some great things in store for rally in the US.:)

Can't wait to Stig out on stage in the Impretza next year...:7

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.