Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the OLN Canada saw the light. They'll have daily coverage of the Dakar at 7:30pm starting on the 1st of 2006.

Harry

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
>Looks like the OLN Canada saw the light. They'll have daily
>coverage of the Dakar at 7:30pm starting on the 1st of 2006.

The same time as Cornation Street. :-(

Doug Woods

·
Registered
233 Posts
A friend of mine just started working in west Sudan, Darfur (I think he's crazy, but anyways)...he wrote today:

"Our section leader is a Brit. An ex-Royal Marine who has been in Africa for about 25 years (he's in his mid-50s) but pretty easy going. Sometimes hard to gauge his mood though. I spent most of today driving with him which is an experience. We have several Land Cruisers and most the time we go cross country as its the fastest route and the roads are in pretty bad shape. He told me he came 13th in the West Sahara Rally about 10 years ago so he goes pretty fast."

Who knows if it's true, but whatever, thought it was a neat comment.

Craig

http://www3.sympatico.ca/kchamm/rally1.html

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
997 Posts
We can only hope that the coverage is better tan last years'
(OLN sent their own crew, rather than buying the good feed)

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
Doug, I had to look at it as I remembered it being spelled differently and I thought I was "daft". (heh)

Coronation Street
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronation_Street

sounds pretty wierd, with car-related plot-lines, as in:

* In 1961. Ida Barlow was struck and killed by a bus.

* In 1967, Harry Hewitt had originally planned to return to Weatherfield for a wedding, but never made as his van broke down. The jack slipped when he was trying to mend it, and he was crushed when it fell on top of him.

* On January 27, 1971, Valerie Barlow was electrocuted in her home by a faulty hair dryer.

* Len Fairclough died in a car crash on December 7, 1983. It was later revealed that he was cheating on his wife Rita.

* The Rovers is also notorious for its share of disasters: March 7, 1979 saw a lorry crash into it, and a fire, which was the result of a fuse box explosion burned it down on June 18, 1986.

* Alan Bradley was hit and killed by a Blackpool tram on December 8, 1989, holding the record for the highest rated Coronation Street episode ever (26.93 million viewers).

* On February 12, 1993, Lisa Duckworth was hit and killed by a car.

* Don Brennan burnt down the garage in March 1997. He would later die in a car crash, and be burnt to death when the vehicle in question caught fire.

* Richard Hillman murdered ex-Patricia with a shovel in 2002. He set fire to his mother-in-law's house, murdered Maxine Peacock with a crowbar in 2003, and died in a car incident on the same year.

* Martin Platt crashed his car, and was pulled out just in time before the vehicle exploded in a fireball just before Christmas 2003.

(I couldn't delete the hair-dryer incident, it was too cool)

according to GOOGLE, your mis-spelling is very common.
rz

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And the coverage last year didn't start until January 22nd, after the event was over.

I see that Rally America is on OLN. CARS still hasn't announced the TV deal (the Dec. 10th announcement said they'd give the details on the 13th but we're still waiting). Anyone know if OLN will be showing the ATV coverage of CARS rallies? If not, what channel?

Harry

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
>Doug, according to GOOGLE, your mis-spelling is very common.

Randy:

I are an injunear.

Doug Woods

·
R6 300 FOC!
1,513 Posts
>And the coverage last year didn't start until January 22nd,
>after the event was over.
>
>I see that Rally America is on OLN. CARS still hasn't
>announced the TV deal (the Dec. 10th announcement said they'd
>give the details on the 13th but we're still waiting). Anyone
>know if OLN will be showing the ATV coverage of CARS rallies?
>If not, what channel?
>
>Harry

The broadcaster and dates are yet to be finalized for the CRC coverage. It will be announced closer to Perce Neige.

Is Rally America coverage on Canadian OLN?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know if OLN Canada had those Rally america shows. The banner above says November so either they didn't show them or I missed them but I assume that means OLN is interested in local rallies in general.

The OLN website is but a pimple on the side of the TSN website so there isn't any information there, unfortunately.

Harry

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On January 2nd it looks like the Dakar coverage is also on at 3:30pm so don't worry, you don't have to miss Coronation Street every day, Doug ;)

Harry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts