Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I hope OLN sticks to the schedule in the link above. On a TV commercial, they indicated they would be begin coverage AFTER the event was over (like last year, I think).

Regardless, the OLN commentators have much to learn from the Toby Moody/Speedvision days. Toby was the perfect commentator. OLN had a couple of goof-balls standing by a dune in Nevada. Toby was in the bivouac.

Still, it's better than nothing. God bless Tivo!

Happy Motoring

·
Registered
50 Posts
In Canada at least, OLN's coverage started tonight. It is a day behind but that's alright. It sounds like ITV coverage plus some OLN intro and concluding statements with the OLN logo stuck over another one but I cannot be sure. Seemed good to me though I with it was longer, at least an hour a day would be great. Still, beggars can't be choosers!

Harry

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Wow, we get all kinds of WRC guys.

Biasion & Alen in Trucks!

Sainz & Saby in cars.

I love my TIVO.

press on,

·
Registered
724 Posts
Robby Gordon is being Co-driven by Darren Skilton a Dakar veteran with KIA and is US based English born but USA raised as well.

Ron Bailey is also a privateer entered this year he is running a t2 buggy.

Chris Blais (9th Overall in Bikes last year) is running again for the Red Bull USA KTM team.

Andy Grider is also on the Red Bull KTM USA team and is a Baja verteran with a lot of experienced. He is really good.

There is an america pair running a side car Harley Davidson.

There are a few other American Privateers on bikes as well.

WRC Entrants: Alen, Biasion, Sainz, Freddy Loix (Bowler), Al-Attiya (Running in a BMW and a PWRC winner), and Simon Jean-Joseph (Run with Mitsu and Peugot in the WRC).

At least this year we are getting coverage everday which is a huge improvement over last years end of the event summary show. There is a DC shoes sponsored entry in the buggy class but I have no idea who is driving it but I assume they are not american.

·
Registered
724 Posts
so far through stage 4 at the first control point (182 KM into the stage) for the bikes it is Despres leading Caldecott and then Chris Blais an American in third just ahead of Fretigne and fellow American Grider.

In the Cars Matsuoka in the Mitsu is ahead slightly followed closely by ROma, Peterhansel, Kleinschmidt, Saby, Miller and Sainz. It appears that Sainz is not running very well through the dunes. Robby Gordon is just behind the leaders but ahead of Carlos.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I checked the Dakar website, but can't find any information on these items:

- Does anyone know why Colin McCrae was not entered?
- Anyone know why all the DAF trucks, including the DeRooy's were excluded?

Dave C

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
>I checked the Dakar website, but can't find any information
>on these items:
>
>- Does anyone know why Colin McCrae was not entered?

No factory Nissans.

>- Anyone know why all the DAF trucks, including the DeRooy's
>were excluded?

Not enough built before the event. Had to have something like 15 built....

>
>Dave C

·
Registered
532 Posts
>>I checked the Dakar website, but can't find any information
>>on these items:
>>
>>- Does anyone know why Colin McCrae was not entered?
>
>No factory Nissans.

Okay, that's what I thought. I didn't see any of the names fron Nissan last year. Any further info on this. They made a big splash of his signing with Nissan, then they don't enter?

>
>
>>- Anyone know why all the DAF trucks, including the DeRooy's
>>were excluded?
>
>
>Not enough built before the event. Had to have something like
>15 built....
>

Good info, thanks.

>
>>
>>Dave C
>

Dave C

·
Registered
724 Posts
Nissan Factory driver Shinozuka is running again as some will recall he had a really nasty accident last year or the year before. The DAF trucks did not conform to the homologation there were irregularities beyond the minimum number of examples required.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts