Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Catch the Rallye Défi Ste-Agathe Duhamel on Rogers Sportsnet Monday night at 8PM (East), 7:30PM (Ontario), 10PM (West) or 10:30PM (Pacific). I'd watch all four - it's that good:)

·
Registered
426 Posts
For Sportsnet West, You're saying one thing, the sportsnet web site tv schedule says another, and the crc-rally page schedule lists something else entirely. Which source are we supposed to believe? I still haven't seen the Baie coverage because it was pre-empted by baseball, then it was aired on Sunday morning before the crc-rally schedule was updated so I missed that one too... How are we supposed to be increasing viewership when a die hard fan can't even find out when to watch the shows? Maybe sportsnet west is just dropping the ball while the other regions are ok?

·
Registered
803 Posts
the baie show has been on sportsnet pacific at MANY MANY times already

I have never, ever had more people say 'we saw you on tv' more than this most recent 'dumping' of Baie on Sportsnet Pacific. so more than likely, its on ALL THREE times you are seeing. At least its that way here in BC. It was on three times in the last 4 days, and at least once before that.

-pat

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
>Catch the Rallye Défi Ste-Agathe Duhamel on Rogers Sportsnet
>Monday night at 8PM (East), 7:30PM (Ontario), 10PM (West) or
>10:30PM (Pacific). I'd watch all four - it's that good:)

The schedule shows Rocky airing at 8pm local ...

The schedule on the RDG site shows Baie as being shown only twice on SNWest so far, compared to 9 times in BC.

The schedule, obviously subject to change, only has PFR airing once on SportsNet West

Tom, while the diehard fan may have trouble finding the show, it is showing up infront of new faces, which is what needs to be done. In a way, the unpredictability of the shows has them hotting a wider range of chanel surfer that just might cling on to the show ...

·
Registered
935 Posts
I just finished watching it here in Ontario, at 7:30 as advertised. Very well put togather, coverage keeps improving every year. Still needs more 2wd though... Nichols finishes top 5 and only gets a blurb at the end? Overall very good quality, 10x more exciting than the Colorado Cog snoozefest I saw earlier this week. :7

We're going to have to start giving lessons to our new Canadian television stars. Hands out of the pockets when the nice lady's asking you questions lads.... :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Awesome show. To be honest, whatever we can get on TV is great for the sport overall and the sponsors involved.

I found the show by looking at the Rogers schedules on the internet. It is true that the first show I tried to watch was postponed due to Baseball, but if my business had the opportunity to run a show that attracted major advertisers or a show that comparably did not, I know which I would choose as a business person!

Congrats to the TV2GO crew for doing such a great job.

Personally, I have found with my experience that attempting to influence the media after an article is written or a show is produced ensures that we get less desirable exposure in the future. Asking how we can assist them in making their jobs easier and ensure their shows are as easy to produce as possible will get much greater and longer term benefits than publicly complaining.

·
Media Dude
1,464 Posts
show was awesome
i really liked the split screen of erikson and richard, that was awesome watching how they hit each corner together!

good jorb!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jon Nichols had another brilliant drive at Défi. Fifth overall in an old VW is certainly worthy of coverage, but he had the double misfortune of turning in this drive when his closest competitor, Gord Olsen had trouble early, finished over 3 minutes back and the overall leaders were virtually tied! Erickson and Richard were having an exceptional duel. I can't seriously think that many people in the audience would be saying to themselves, "I wish they'd show more of that VW 14 minutes back in 5th than these two guys who are fighting for the overall win."

The closest battles usually make the best entertainment and the closer the battle is to the front, the better the show. Pat and Sylvain put on the great show at Défi, not TV2GO. We had to leave out shots of those two that were more exciting than the best pictures we had from the Production classes.

Gord Olsen and Jon Nichols never seem to have clean runs on the same event. When that happens, they'll certainly get more coverage. I remember about four years ago at Tall Pines when two P4 cars had been fighting all year for the championship. One crashed out early, but the reaction of the other service crew was very insightful. Instead of, "hooray we win!" it was "damn, there goes our TV coverage." They were right. It was the duel that made the story compelling, not just fast driving.

Have you noticed this season that the story line has been "PAT RICHARD vs. A NEW CHALLENGER" At Perce-Neige it was Sprongl; at Rocky, McGeer; at Baie, ACP; Défi, Erickson and PFR, L'Estage. If these guys all show up at the same event we should win an Emmy! Let's hope it happens at Tall Pines. What would be really cruel is if Nichols and Olsen finally go toe-to-toe at the same event. Then I'll need to come up with a new excuse for snubbing the old VW class;-)

·
Media Dude
1,464 Posts
>Darn...Defi's only on once in Pacific and I missed it.

thats why they should release a dvd of the whole season :D
id buy one!
i know most of the americans that come up and race would buy one!

dvd....dvd....dvd....dvd....dvd....dvd....dvd....dvd....

ps. you gonna be at totem warwick, cuz i got it on tape.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Lawrence:

The Defi program was excellent. I liked the way that you focused on the battle for the lead and the personal insights from Pat and Sylvain. Jen was also a great addition to the show.

Comparatively, the Colorado Clog coverage on Speed was marginal (that was the nicest word I could come up with) and the WRC coverage of Catalunya was so bad that I fell asleep half way through it (although that might have something to do with being an old fart who needs his sleep).

Keep up the good work. See you at Pines.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey Lawrence,

Yesterday a journalist came by to do an interview and the very first thing he said was that he saw me on tv the night before. I thought that was fantastic, very fitting, and did wonders for the interview ... he thought rallying was only about TSDs and had no idea as to the speeds that we reach while on stage ... until he saw the show.

Thanks and well done.

- Nathalie :*

1 - 12 of 12 Posts