Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
which left?
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crew needed for LSPR.

Minimally I'm going to need someone to drive the service vehicle and set-up/tear-down at service. Ideally a couple people with some mechanical experience.

I have a suite at the HQ, with a couple rooms and at least 3 beds, so lodging is covered, and I'll also cover meals. If you're coming from the twin cities or someone not far off the path between there and Houghton, we may be able to work out carpooling to/from the event.

·
Uh Oh, UH OH, UHH OHHH!!!
1,818 Posts
Mark, typically in the past Mark and I would talk with fellow G2 competitors (Matt, chad, etc...) to service next to each other. That way we could share crew guys if one of us had a big problem to fix. I know LSPR has assigned service, so that works out good too.

I'd be willing to share my single crew guy with you if you need assistance during service (assuming my crew guy would... I don't see a problem).

Although this doesn't solve your problem of getting your stuff to service and back again.

·
which left?
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mark,

I think (hope?) I have enough goodwill built up amongst the rally community to be able to lean on people for some help, so that's why I'm focused on getting one person to handle driving a service vehicle around.

As it stands, right now I know next to nothing about what might break, what we can reasonably expect to replace in service, etc. My spares collection isn't huge, and probably not well focused on what I'll actally need. Basically, if I bust something up real good, I'm probably done for the event, or at least that day. So I need to deal with fuel, tires, and the basics of checking over the car when I come in.

·
Jedi
152 Posts
I'm crewing the Bug, but I'll lend a hand if I have the free time.

I will also put this out on the Northern and Tech car clubs. Feel free to email me.

·
Don't give him the stick!
147 Posts
Mark, we have you covered for backup. I have 5 guys crewing for the event, so all you need is someone to drive your rig.

They are doing assigned service for one of the locations, I can try and request a spot next to Chris and I for that location if you'd like. We should be in Houghton pretty early Thursday.

Keep me posted, you know where to find me.

·
which left?
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe I have a guy to drive the service rig (who also happens to be a damn fine mechanic, and the owner of the tow vehicle/trailer).

Ian, that would be great if you'd do that!

It's looking like I'll be in Houghton early afternoon, but I'm hoping to get out of Minneapolis earlier if I can...

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
997 Posts
Seriously - your need crew?!
Jimmy is you co-driver, Jimmy is your crew, Jimmy will help you drive A.J.
Remember, if you hear god talking to you his voice is coming from the right!

I'm sure the TRF gang can lend a hand.

Car's done? - now get your priorities straight:
1. HAVE FUN
2. DON'T PISS OFF JIMMY
3. FINNISH

(ok , #1 and #2 may be in reverse order

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Um, cousin Brucie-

SISU

Sometimes Jeffy can actually spell correctly.............

Fixed it for ya. Unless it was some kind of Yooper/Rally insider thing. in which case, sorry.
press on,

1 - 20 of 23 Posts