Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a couple or maybe three people to help out in service for Ojibwe national.

Service will be for two WRX PGT cars,
Matthew Johnson/Wendy Nakamoto and
Eric Langbein/Jeremy Wimpey

We have a couple of people so far but need more. We do have experienced Subaru tech as crew chief for both cars.

Room space and some food will be provided.

Experience with Subarus or rallying is not a necessity as long as you're ready to learn and be responsive. Experienced people preferred.

Thanks!

Matthew 919.244.7502
matthew /at/ CarolinaRS.com

Matthew Johnson
http://www.CarolinaRS.com

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I'm crewing for JC, but if the food/beer situation looks better I could be swayed your way...

just kidding, I'd better stick with the man. OR whoever wrecks their car the hardest gets more crew help!

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
Jay- Matthew is referring to my offer of sorta using all of our help for all of our PGT cars together. That may sorta be what happens. We just ahppen to have the most peeps I think. You and Chad may be the "floaters", if that's Ok...

It's all good. We'll see when we get there...

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
Registered
342 Posts
If your lurking on this forum and thinking about maybe helping Matthew and company out I suggest diving in and doin' it. Speaking from experience its super fun to be around a team that is as passionate and talented as NCRally.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I don't think that Chad and I will mind much, we both have WRX'es and are pretty familiar with stuff. Chad crewed for me at 100aw this year also so he's familiar with how all the stuff goes too.

Hopefully you guys are all fast and clean, but we'll see. ;)

·
1,278 Posts
YES! Eric bought Verdier's WRX! He is gonna be wicked fast.

Anyone that can help would be most appreciated- that way I can keep my elite squad all to myself. }(

If not, no big- we can all share if need be. Except the galley wenches. I want me own galley wench, arrrr...

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for your interest and help guys.

Eric and I were talking and decided we'd just crew for each other. Who ever gets there first will make sandwiches for the other and get the tarp and jack stands ready for the next one.

I think I'll talk to the organizers and see what I can pull to get re-seeded behind him after Friday.

If anyone sees Eric please tell him I like a handfull of roast beef and a V8 at service:7

Until then......

MJ

Matthew Johnson
CarolinaRallySport.com

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks to JC (595) and his Crew at Ojibwe for working with Matt and Wendy and making the weekend a sucess for the three PGT teams.
Thanks also to Jeff/Ruth from Delta V for their super service skills

Congrats to Matt/Wendy on a well deserved 1st in class.

Had fun meeting new faces, and competing with you all.

Jeremy Wimpey x(

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It was good meeting all of you, crewing was more fun than I thought it'd be and I got to drive the "seedy neighbor" van to top it off. We came up with that because the title of molestor van is taken by matt bushore's rig.

Congrats to all of the 3 teams we were semi-involved with, PGT looks like a lot of fun, but I think I'll stick with G5 for now - I don't really envy the gearbox durability issue too much.

·
1,278 Posts
The BIG thanx goes to Denny, Jay & Chad for being so d*mn agreeable & flexible. You guys ROCK! Thanx for helping with everything any of us needed & not even batting an eye.

Now if we can just find someone to donate an Ecutek ecu reflash...

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
John-
I guess this is kinda a free bump for Matt too, but check out his sponsor www.flamecrusherusa.com and check out some of his incar video. It may be an interesting comparison to your car, although its just the stuff from MFR.

I had so much fun working on you guys cars I've been working on my G5'er the last 2 nights since I got back.

219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A few "Thank You"s to hand out..

Thanks to Jeff at DeltaV for preparing the car and having it ready for me to pick up on time.

Thanks Jay and Chad for coming to the rescue to be our crew and ESPECIALLY for enjoying the brilliance of my service van and it's many ammenities.

Thanks John for volunteering Jay and Chad....

Thanks Eric and John for being great competitors

Jeremy, I had some stEEak for dinner.....

Jay, the in-car video of Ojibwe will be up linked from FlamecrusherUSA later this week. It'll be cool with picture-in-picture set up.

See some of ya'll at COG?.... suddenly I'm planning to be there and will need a bit more crew!

Cheers, MJ

Matthew Johnson
www.CarolinaRS.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts